Tony Tweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
    He gave us voucher refunds and now I have a nice set of QPR oven gloves, he froze st prices and as with his recent tweet he's entertaining what is there not to get about him.
    That sums it up really, such a nice bloke, so what if we get relegated now because he had too much faith in Hughes for too long, at least we got refunds and oven gloves
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

nice to have a chairman with a bit of banter, would you rather a self righteous co ck like Briatore, Bates or Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
        That sums it up really, such a nice bloke, so what if we get relegated now because he had too much faith in Hughes for too long, at least we got refunds and oven gloves
        Not really, it sums up your argument. "He's too nice to be a good chairman guys!"

Comment

Good post, tblock! The amount of stick Tony gets on Twitter is sickening..he's a great guy, heart at the right place, in it for the long run, open and honest..so what if he vents on social media. It's his right to have an opinion..refreshing, bold and impressive from a man in his position.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post

Your point is MH should have been sacked sooner as that would have given us a better chance to stay up. If you put aside TFs view of stability, I still can't see what TF could have reasonably done earlier.

You mention Bolton keeping us up but not even MHs harshest critics would have sacked him after man city or summer.

On Sunday the general consensus amongst the QPR fans was that we have rubbish players and Arry or even Houdini couldn't save us. From Aug to Oct most thought give MHs a chance he got us in this mess he can get us out, our failings weren't seen as purely motivation but also quality and would a change of manager have changed anything. Also a new manager would have been stuck with underachieving players without the proximity of a transfer window. It would have been leading a lamb to the slaughter.

Its not as simple as you make out imho, if TF got rid in August or early part of the season (every commentator thought we were too good to be in trouble) he would have been seen as reckless and no different to the orange ones reign.

Into the mix must also go the fixture list to give MH more time, run of what were easier fixtures and TF must have thought, this could be MHs turning it round. Oct we never got slaughtered (results were quite close) and early nov we had a run of 3 easier games,as a balancing act this probably played on TFs mind and veered him towards not sacking.

Also you need to have a replacement who is better than what you have, even this board threw in bizarre names such as Curbishly or on the other end pep, there was no sensible replacement. Also no one knows whether Arry would have come to us in August or September. What then?

Only recently did Arrys name come in but he was linked to Blackburn, Chelsea and Ukraine, so TF had to weigh up massive compensation payouts plus a hefty salary to eventually avoid Arry going to the Ukraine.

I think TF is trying his best for the club, I just think hes been put in a very difficult position by MHs but you cant keep moaning about the past, Arry is top quality and he always talks from the heart as that other thread about Lampard showed and Arry has always maintained the board were in essence mugged off and therefore Arry knows TFs hearts in the club and just wants us to be successful, you can't begrudge TF for that can you?
            Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 04-01-2013, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
              Not really, it sums up your argument. "He's too nice to be a good chairman guys!"
              Precisely, a too good and kind man clearly to be an outstanding (decisive, ruthless if necessary) football club chairman, as illustrated by the procrastination in the sacking of Hughes. Therefore, if we get relegated, he will have failed more than Hughes in my eyes. After all, Hughes was clearly mercenary-minded and would not have repeated his Fulham stunt of just walking away. Hughes was what Hughes was and he had to be sacked earlier in the autumn. Me personally, I wanted him gone the moment City beat us at the Etihad in May. The very moment they blew the final whistle and the season was over. I knew this was not going to happen, I knew we would struggle, just not as much as we did considering the strengthened team. Hughes was given too much time to bury us deeper - and not by himself.

Comment

Are you a clairvoyant then?

You seem to have known everything that was going to happen. How will we get on Saturday I fancy a bet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                  Are you a clairvoyant then?

You seem to have known everything that was going to happen. How will we get on Saturday I fancy a bet?
                  You didn't have to be a clairvoyant to see that Hughes had to go weeks before he was finally sacked

Comment

You knew we were going to struggle straight after the Man City defeat according to your post above.

I think 99.9% of fans thought we'd be ok given support & funds which he was & miserably failed with.

Comment

I think 99.9% of fans thought we'd be ok given support & funds which he was & miserably failed with.

Comment

You knew we were going to struggle straight after the Man City defeat according to your post above.

Yep, you will note that I am not arguing in absolutes, and I did not think we would do THAT badly, the problem for me was in (delayed) timing of the sack because the club doesn't have forever to save the season and if the season is not saved, when will we get another shot at being in the PL?

And to pre-empt a possible comparison with the sacking frenzy of the Briatore era: I did not like that at all because it was different. Those managers were not sacked because we were failing miserably with a team that had some potential. They were sacked because too much was expected of the weak team by the arrogant owners. Those managers actually did quite well. All I ever hoped for from Hughes this season is for us not to slide into the bottom three and then I would have been content with him staying for longer.

It's like a relationship: Briatore was like a total pr*ck dumping his woman after she called him once to cancel their date because she was feeling ill - or just looked at him sternly when he said something stupid. But kind Tony reluctantly dumped Marcia only after she allowed herself to be sh*gged by a dozen other men.

Comment

Working...
                        X