Tony Tweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    And who could have sacked him? You? Me? Or Fernandes? As far as we know Hughes was not sacked earlier because the chairman was dead against it. So why the facepalming when some of us criticise Fernandes for waiting for so/too long? You are supposedly an insider, so feel free to correct our perception of why Hughes was allowed to linger. Maybe it was not Tony's fault, but whose then? Because it was someone's fault - this delay in sacking Hughes will probably cost us very dearly despite the current mini-resurgence under Harry.

good post hamster

Comment

Yes me you or the man next door may have thought sacking him earlier could / would have helped but November is still very early in the season for one & two its not our £15-20m of compensation we would of been shelling out. If it was my money I would wait as long as I could also before having to sign that money away. We all thought things would turn around & no one thought we'd be in the situation we found ourselves in.

Easy for us to judge when it's not our money.

Comment

Well I am quite happy as QPR fan today contrary to some's belief. But let me ask you this.....have you ever seen a Chairman of any company tweet moaning messages about attacks?

Do not get me wrong - I love Fernandes but I do not believe it is right for a chairman to moan about people attacking him when things go bad......thats just part of being in the football business.

Comment

Btw let me ask you all - would we have won yesterday with MH still in charge? If not then why not?

(Personally I think we would not have won yesterday with MH - I will tell you why later)

Comment

Originally posted by zuluop View Post
            (Personally I think we would not have won yesterday with MH - I will tell you why later)
            We know why. Because he s*cked.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

The thing is, Hughes has a lot of support in the football world and most commentators said he should be given the time to turn things around. Tony did that but unfortunately it didn't work.
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                The thing is, Hughes has a lot of support in the football world and most commentators said he should be given the time to turn things around. Tony did that but unfortunately it didn't work.
                That support has surely drained away by now. His having left us up to our necks in it will have thankfully ended his managerial career. Hughes was, without doubt, the worst thing to happen to our club in the thirty five years I've been a supporter.

Comment

Don't think his stock will be to high for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    That support has surely drained away by now. His having left us up to our necks in it will have thankfully ended his managerial career. Hughes was, without doubt, the worst thing to happen to our club in the thirty five years I've been a supporter.
                    he built the team that beat chelski!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      If it was my money I would wait as long as I could also before having to sign that money away.
                      Waiting for as long as you could, how long would that have been then Ric? When would you have deemed it prudent to finally sack Hughes and get someone else in to save us from relegation and possible ruin? If it was my money he was squandering with such negligible effect I would have shown him the door in October already, if not September. It's not like he came to us in the summer, we already saw the little he was capable of last season. Saved from relegation by Bolton. Too much was at stake to procrastinate in the autumn. For me at least. Fernandes, I don't get him.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

calm down hamster!
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I just think it tells us what we already know - that our owners are n00bs when it comes to leading a football club and that is totally OK as long as they learn in time and not just loose interest and throw us away.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                            Waiting for us long as you could, how long would that have been then Ric? When would you have deemed it prudent to finally sack Hughes and get someone else in to save us from relegation and possible ruin? If it was my money he was squandering with such negligible effect I would have shown him the door in October already, if not September. It's not like he came to us in the summer, we already saw the little he was capable of last season. Saved from relegation by Bolton. Too much was at stake to procrastinate in the autumn. For me at least. Fernandes, I don't get him.
                            I get him.

He signed Hughes on the basis that he was stable wherever he had been. TF thought he could trust him and build a club around him. TF wanted Hughes to be more than a manager an Arsene type figure where the manager becomes more than just choosing the team but is in for the long run and is part of the evolution of the club. That was Tonys vision, ended up going Peter Tong but not many could have foreseen that and in any event the signing of Hughes by Tony were for the correct motive. He wanted the complete opposite of how the club was run under the 4 year plan.

Tony might of sanctioned crap players but he trusted people who let him down, unfortunately this happens.

In relation to his length of retention, I cannot understand the blame that is levelled at Tony. He took over a club that was a merry go round, his vision was based on stability, so he was never going to knee jerk. It was a completely new team and he have MH the benefit of the doubt. I cannot see how Tony can be blamed for trying to bring stability, his motives were genuine, MH and his side kicks took the p***. TF judgment can be questioned but not his motives, but saying that who on here didn't take the job they should off or bought the house in 1999 in an area that has now boomed, we are all guilty of making the wrong call at some stage but to be crucified for it is just not right.

He could have bee pig headed and kept Hughes, it's his club and he could easily have said I do what I want and I ain't going to be seen as someone who does a U turn but no he backed down.

As to him tweeting, that's his way, under the orange one we all argued the club and the fans were too far apart and the club appeared closed, now we complain the board is too vocal.

He gave us voucher refunds and now I have a nice set of QPR oven gloves, he froze st prices and as with his recent tweet he's entertaining what is there not to get about him.
                            Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 03-01-2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                              I get him.

He signed Hughes on the basis that he was stable wherever he had been. TF thought he could trust him and build a club around him. TF wanted Hughes to be more than a manager an Arsene type figure where the manager becomes more than just choosing the team but is in for the long run and is part of the evolution of the club. That was Tonys vision, ended up going Peter Tong but not many could have foreseen that and in any event the signing of Hughes by Tony were for the correct motive. He wanted the complete opposite of how the club was run under the 4 year plan.

Tony might of sanctioned crap players but he trusted people who let him down, unfortunately this happens.

In relation to his length of retention, I cannot understand the blame that is levelled at Tony. He took over a club that was a merry go round, his vision was based on stability, so he was never going to knee jerk. It was a completely new team and he have MH the benefit of the doubt. I cannot see how Tony can be blamed for trying to bring stability, his motives were genuine, MH and his side kicks took the p***. TF judgment can be questioned but not his motives, but saying that who on here didn't take the job they should off or bought the house in 1999 in an area that has now boomed, we are all guilty of making the wrong call at some stage but to be crucified for it is just not right.

He could have bee pig headed and kept Hughes, it's his club and he could easily have said I do what I want and I ain't going to be seen as someone who does a U turn but no he backed down.

As to him tweeting, that's his way, under the orange one we all argued the club and the fans were too far apart and the club appeared closed, now we complain the board is too vocal.

He gave us voucher refunds and now I have a nice set of QPR oven gloves, he froze st prices and as with his recent tweet he's entertaining what is there not to get about him.
                              Fantastic post TBlock - sums up pretty much what I think also
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Superb post Tblock, well said and I agree with everything you've said.
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X