Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dodgiest pubs you've been in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Wasn't it just blue.

    You couldn't roll into pubs round there and take liberties I tell ya. Some tough old cookies scattered around the bar at all hours of the day and night
    Never had you as knocking around on my manor Rabs. Mind you, I would only be on the Ferrier to collect what I wanted and then went off to the real world as it makes most of the dives mentioned here look like the Woolpack
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      damn , was going to have my wedding reception their , wondered why it was so cheap
      As your from SW , you know i`m not joking 72 !
      The one bit of advice i took from my Old Man was not to drink in the Arms ,and we were off the estate .
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by vespa View Post
        As your from SW , you know i`m not joking 72 !
        The one bit of advice i took from my Old Man was not to drink in the Arms ,and we were off the estate .
        i had heard of st helier estate as i knocked about with deja vu /naked lunch boys and some of them were from their , i'm out of roehampton so not heard of the boozer vesps

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
          Places nearer to home, The admiral on church street was somewhere I never really enjoyed going
          what was the irish pub further up on the edgware road, other mentions goto the paddington stop and the black lion in kilburn.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

          Comment


          • #35
            forgot to mention the bell in east street market, was in there the night some cant pulled a shooter out and had a pop at the landlord.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              forgot to mention the bell in east street market, was in there the night some cant pulled a shooter out and had a pop at the landlord.
              even tho it had a sign on the wall ' strictly no shooter's allowed'

              Comment


              • #37
                there used to be a pub in bracknell town center called the bull that was notorious for fights and was constantly getting shut down and trashed, when i was real young i remember seeing a husband and wife having a full on punch up outside but anyway it used to be real rough. one night a few years ago me and some friends decided to head there just to check it out and it was literally like one of those old western salloons upon entering, all these rough folk turned round and eyed us up like we'd just walked into their living room. bad vibes right away but we were young and dumb so we ordered a drink.
                some guy who literally looked like smeagol in a leather jacket started talking to us, the first thing he said was "i dun eva cry. not ever. not even when my mum died ... but i'm nice." then just stared at us for like 30 seconds before walking away, proper weird. anyway we carry on drinking and are having a good time when one of the locals throws a dart at us which luckily didn't hit any of us. we were all confused and started asking him why he threw a dart at us but he just stared at us and demanded we give his dart back which we refused. out of no where smeagol comes along and gets in the guys face and threatened to bite the guys nose off for trying to hurt his 'friends', the guy dares him to try but before he could some other locals get between them and try and calm them down as it turned out smeagol and this dart thrower were brothers.

                we simply got up at that point and left, we could hear shouting and a scuffle as we left. i haven't had a weirder drinking experience than that!

                now that the town center has been done up the bull has become a nice gastro pub and is no longer the hell hole that it used to be

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  there used to be a pub in bracknell town center called the bull that was notorious for fights and was constantly getting shut down and trashed, when i was real young i remember seeing a husband and wife having a full on punch up outside but anyway it used to be real rough. one night a few years ago me and some friends decided to head there just to check it out and it was literally like one of those old western salloons upon entering, all these rough folk turned round and eyed us up like we'd just walked into their living room. bad vibes right away but we were young and dumb so we ordered a drink.
                  some guy who literally looked like smeagol in a leather jacket started talking to us, the first thing he said was "i dun eva cry. not ever. not even when my mum died ... but i'm nice." then just stared at us for like 30 seconds before walking away, proper weird. anyway we carry on drinking and are having a good time when one of the locals throws a dart at us which luckily didn't hit any of us. we were all confused and started asking him why he threw a dart at us but he just stared at us and demanded we give his dart back which we refused. out of no where smeagol comes along and gets in the guys face and threatened to bite the guys nose off for trying to hurt his 'friends', the guy dares him to try but before he could some other locals get between them and try and calm them down as it turned out smeagol and this dart thrower were brothers.

                  we simply got up at that point and left, we could hear shouting and a scuffle as we left. i haven't had a weirder drinking experience than that!

                  now that the town center has been done up the bull has become a nice gastro pub and is no longer the hell hole that it used to be
                  i'm often in binfield it's nice round their , one of my boys used to play for fc bracknell remember that pub but not been in their used to go into the pub by the train station

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    was on a beano 25 years ago or so . the gavvvers stopped the coach we were taken to various locations and split up . 5 of us walked into a pub in mile end it was 10.30 and we thought we'd get a couple of pints in , this fella walks over says we don't want strangers in here , i ask him is he the governer he says no , they all stared at us the whole pub including the women , we left . strange thing is the fella had to be in his late 40's and u could see he was itching for a fight. saw a sign on the way out " friendly family pub all welcome"

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      what was the irish pub further up on the edgware road, other mentions goto the paddington stop and the black lion in kilburn.
                      Which way up edgware road? if you mean towards little venice/maida vale then you mean the portman. I knew the family that ran that quite well and turned out for the sunday league team a few times in my youth. Its now a shisha/arab type place. I mentioned the paddington stop earlier, never had problems in there myself just that it is a pub that holds fond memories for my family. Now a gastro ponce type place i think

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                        You can't tease us like that Hove.. Do spill son
                        Let's just say my uncle was a bit of a wrong'un when he was alive and one night couldnt be bothered to walk home pissed. That would have been bad enough but the paddington stop was on a sharp bend.......

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          i'm often in binfield it's nice round their , one of my boys used to play for fc bracknell remember that pub but not been in their used to go into the pub by the train station
                          lol i used to play for bracknell celtic when i was a kid, fc bracknell were always considered the best local team.

                          the pub by the station was called the goose but its been renamed to the market inn now, it used to be quite rough and the bouncers were always idiots. its the only pub i ever got barred from and that was by a woman bouncer who said i was being hostile even though i'd literally done nothing

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                            Never had you as knocking around on my manor Rabs. Mind you, I would only be on the Ferrier to collect what I wanted and then went off to the real world as it makes most of the dives mentioned here look like the Woolpack
                            Been all over the place mate growing up.

                            Got lots of pals and acquaintances south of the river and still frequent pubs in Bermondsey, New Cross & Elephant on occasion.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              Which way up edgware road? if you mean towards little venice/maida vale then you mean the portman. I knew the family that ran that quite well and turned out for the sunday league team a few times in my youth. Its now a shisha/arab type place. I mentioned the paddington stop earlier, never had problems in there myself just that it is a pub that holds fond memories for my family. Now a gastro ponce type place i think
                              AH Yes, the portman arms.... thats the one.

                              used to share a few pints with the scottish fella who sold the evening standard outside warick avenue station.
                              We only used to go there when ireland were playing, not a very comfortable place to be having a pint personally.

                              Paddington stop was charlie heaven, when you stepped into the bogs, it looked like a bakery with all the white powder everywhere.
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by vespa View Post
                                St Helier Arms on St Helier estate in Carshalton, might not mean too much to you West Londoners ,but if you google it ,at the time it had a reputation as the most violent pub in the country . Numerous stabbings ,slashings and a couple of murders , last one they shot some fella in a crowded pub ,no witnesses obviously ,and they chopped him up in a horsebox outside and scattered him around South London and Surrey. A heady mix of Estate nutters ,Micham gypseys, local villians ,National Front and just to add to the mix it had a Rockabilly night of a Saturday and they were always up for a good old fashioned razor fight !
                                Cor doesn't sound like too nice a gaff that vesp!

                                https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...f-1381963.html
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X