Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bates Motel - WATRB TV series catch up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone interested in motor racing should watch the doco movie "the 24 hour war". A great insight of Ferrari vs the GT40s.
    Wonna know how Ferrari got their prancing horse badge ?

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4875844/

    Comment


    • I've been watching a SyFy channel series Wynonna Earp. It's not in the class of the greats we've mentioned here, but it passes the time. And the young woman who plays the lead role, one Melanie Scrofano, is exceedingly cute! What's it about? Basically Wyatt Earp's great-great granddaughter has to take on demons in a town called Purgatory...

      Comment


      • A few weeks ago, I bought "Gunfight at OK Coral". I was watching it mainly as research on an article I`m currently writing, but It was actually a very entertaining Western-movie. I`m mentioning this because Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday and the mysterious "Bignose-Kathy" i.e. all actually lived, worked and fought(I) in and around towns like Dodge City and Tombstone to mention two of them. Deadwood is another one of those towns, I think.
        Last edited by Shania; 29-03-2017, 07:03 PM.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shania View Post
          A few weeks ago, I bought "Gunfight at OK Coral". I was watching it mainly as research on an article I`m currently writing, but It was actually a very entertaining Western-movie. I`m mentioning this because Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday and the mysterious "Bignose-Kathy" i.e. all actually lived, worked and fought(I) in and around towns like Dodge City and Tombstone to mention two of them. Deadwood is another one of those towns, I think.
          Yes indeed Shania, nearly all of the historical TV dramas (even slightly mad ones like Wynonna Earp) are based on actual events, that's what makes them so compelling. Vikings is a case in point, most of the events actually happened and most of the characters actually existed. I'm up in Yorkshire at the moment and I read in a local paper that they found the grave of an Anglo-Saxon king in Thornhill village church. It appears it was the grave of King Osberht, who was killed on 21 March 867 while fighting alongside King Aella of Northumbria against the Viking Great Heathen Army led by Ivar the Boneless. Exactly as it is shown in Vikings. Which I find thrilling! It actually happened, here! (Love Vikings by the way).

          Comment


          • I should really have given Vikings a chance, but I haven`t really found the time. Funny you`re mentioning Yorkshire,thing is 30 years ago I spent 3 weeks in York when I studied English. I really liked Jorvik... I really did.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Shania View Post
              A few weeks ago, I bought "Gunfight at OK Coral". I was watching it mainly as research on an article I`m currently writing, but It was actually a very entertaining Western-movie. I`m mentioning this because Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday and the mysterious "Bignose-Kathy" i.e. all actually lived, worked and fought(I) in and around towns like Dodge City and Tombstone to mention two of them. Deadwood is another one of those towns, I think.
              Tombstone was a great show,some blinding characters and crazy that HBO didn't finance a final show to tie it all up.if you like all that carry on try - hell on wheels,it's very good.
              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

              London Pride has been handed down to us.
              London Pride is a flower that's free.
              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
              And our pride it for ever will be.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                Anyone interested in motor racing should watch the doco movie "the 24 hour war". A great insight of Ferrari vs the GT40s.
                Wonna know how Ferrari got their prancing horse badge ?

                http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4875844/
                Greasy insomnia was all over me one night a few weeks ago and luckily 'Senna' happened to be on at 3 in the morning.
                Seen it before when it first came out, worth a look for those that haven't.
                He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long

                Comment


                • Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                  Tombstone was a great show,some blinding characters and crazy that HBO didn't finance a final show to tie it all up.if you like all that carry on try - hell on wheels,it's very good.
                  Ok, I will give Tombstone a try. Oh, and I started watching Hell on Wheels a while ago but I fell of the train so to speak... But like you indicated it was definitly worth the watch..
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                    Greasy insomnia was all over me one night a few weeks ago and luckily 'Senna' happened to be on at 3 in the morning.
                    Seen it before when it first came out, worth a look for those that haven't.
                    "Senna" was a documentary on him right? In the FI - circus I do actually support Ferrari..
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      Ok, I will give Tombstone a try. Oh, and I started watching Hell on Wheels a while ago but I fell of the train so to speak... But like you indicated it was definitly worth the watch..
                      Enjoy if you do.
                      "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

                      London Pride has been handed down to us.
                      London Pride is a flower that's free.
                      London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                      And our pride it for ever will be.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        "Senna" was a documentary on him right? In the FI - circus I do actually support Ferrari..
                        That's right Shania. Not bang into F1 myself but you can't help but admire someone at the top of their game like he was. ( i begrudgingly apply that ethos to Andy Murray even though he's such a dour sod )
                        He did a lot for the underprivileged too.
                        He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long

                        Comment


                        • Agreed, Senna was a very charismatic driver. I really look forward to watch it.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                            That's right Shania. Not bang into F1 myself but you can't help but admire someone at the top of their game like he was. ( i begrudgingly apply that ethos to Andy Murray even though he's such a dour sod )
                            He did a lot for the underprivileged too.
                            Yes he has certainly championed the cause of that sickly looking nation and gives a huge chunk of his winnings to universities and suchlike that educate the skirt wearers in basic hygiene and to not always eat deep fried food.nice one Andy.
                            "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

                            London Pride has been handed down to us.
                            London Pride is a flower that's free.
                            London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                            And our pride it for ever will be.

                            Comment


                            • Have we talked about Copper? Set in NYC mid 19th century, mainly about the Oirish immigrants and their shenanigans, focused on two best mates who are, (unsurprisingly given the title) detectives in a raw early version of the NYPD. Bit clunky plot-wise but very watchable.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                Have we talked about Copper? Set in NYC mid 19th century, mainly about the Oirish immigrants and their shenanigans, focused on two best mates who are, (unsurprisingly given the title) detectives in a raw early version of the NYPD. Bit clunky plot-wise but very watchable.
                                Watched it hubs,easy enough viewing, no frills,no thinking fodder.
                                "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

                                London Pride has been handed down to us.
                                London Pride is a flower that's free.
                                London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                                And our pride it for ever will be.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X