Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acricketer
    replied
    Really enjoyed the game today. Played as a cup tie should be. Reflected our system and the new introductions didn't seem out of place. Doing lots on the training ground and it's showing.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Thanks Hits, that was a good watch, although the young man needs to look up the definition of kicking off

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Not my video BTW lol. Just watched it on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    https://youtu.be/xFS10wlJ57Y

This video is a vlog of the game today.

Contains the goals, and chances.

Also contains a short interview of a Bolton fan who made the trip down to cheer on qpr.

Also has video of 4 Leeds fans in the home section getting booted out.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by gator View Post

Yes, it worked out well, I suppose it was risky after the 1st half blunder and his past but maybe, just maybe this was what he needed, I thought he was quite good in the 2nd half, off line well, a couple of good saves and decent distribution, he doesn't seem to be as vocal as Lumley, commanding the box has to improve!
    Not saying he is the answer by any stretch mate, but we need a back up for Lumley for the 2nd half of the season. But you're right, vastly improved 2nd half performance!

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Firstly, he is not the messiah, but he is a bl**dy good manager and motivator. How often have "makeshift" pairings come up trumps after a couple of outings against all perceived odds?

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

My thoughts too mate.

If MacLaren had taken him off at half time he'd have been finished here. There are no guarantees we will be able to get another keeper in this window with the embargo. Best thing was to take him to one side at half time, and make sure he came out with his head screwed on in the 2nd half. And I'm sure that's exactly what happened!
    Yes, it worked out well, I suppose it was risky after the 1st half blunder and his past but maybe, just maybe this was what he needed, I thought he was quite good in the 2nd half, off line well, a couple of good saves and decent distribution, he doesn't seem to be as vocal as Lumley, commanding the box has to improve!

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

From where I'm sat we aint spoiled for choice.

Thing is, anyone can get injured at any time. The worst thing that could have happened today GK wise would have been subbing the lad at half time. He came through and that in itself was important.
    My thoughts too mate.

If MacLaren had taken him off at half time he'd have been finished here. There are no guarantees we will be able to get another keeper in this window with the embargo. Best thing was to take him to one side at half time, and make sure he came out with his head screwed on in the 2nd half. And I'm sure that's exactly what happened!

Leave a comment:

• Brian Wilson
    replied
    Last edited by Brian Wilson; 08-03-2019, 08:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Bidwell showed his worth today also. I hope he will get a new contract.

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

but there are always other options.
    From where I'm sat we aint spoiled for choice.

Thing is, anyone can get injured at any time. The worst thing that could have happened today GK wise would have been subbing the lad at half time. He came through and that in itself was important.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Scowen was very good today seemed to have regained confidence. From him and cousins being awful they looked decent duo today

Leave a comment:

• Timmy the Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Scowen was brilliant today though, my motm
    Probably his best game for us, at least this season. In hindsight happy that Steve played him and Cousins today.

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Really enjoyed that, thought samual and oteh were very good.
    Kaky has alot of development to do, thought he has not got great positioning.

Ingram yeah, done OK second half but he is just not good enough for this level. Could barely hear him shouting at the defense.

Scowen was brilliant today though, my motm

Leave a comment:

• MYU
    replied
    I'm glad it was a last minute decision to go and watch the game today, we did really well. I'm not to keen on Ingram but he was getting better so fair play too him.

The crowd were superb at Leeds but they looked far too good, so I wasn't expecting that display or even a win today in the Cup.

Well done to SM and all the team, we're improving all the time and it's so good to see our younger players getting a chance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X