Match Thread | QPR 0 Reading 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Thread | QPR 0 Reading 0

QPR will once again be missing Geoff Cameron (ankle), Angel Rangel (thigh) and Tomer Hemed (groin) as they seek a fourth successive win against Reading.

Defender Joel Lynch made his comeback from a dead leg in the 3-0 defeat of Ipswich.

Academy products Ilias Chair and Aramide Oteh made fine cameos against Ipswich and boss Steve McClaren must decide whether to give them starting roles.

Reading are missing the suspended Tyler Blackett and Leandro Bacuna as they go in search of a first win in nine matches. The duo were shown straight red cards in the 1-0 defeat at Millwall.

New boss Jose Gomes made three changes against the Lions and must decide if additional changes are needed following a disappointing loss.

Reading are also sweating on the fitness of defender Liam Moore going into this weekend's game at QPR.

The centre-back returned to the side for the Boxing Day defeat at Millwall on Wednesday after missing the previous four matches with a pulled calf muscle.

However, Moore received a kick on the calf towards the end of the game at The Den and is now a major doubt for Saturday's Championship encounter at Loftus Road.

The 25-year-old said: "I'm hoping it settles down very quickly. It was just a kick but it was on the exact same spot where I had a grade two pull.

"Muscle injuries stay inflammed for a while so to get a kick on the sweet spot is frustrating but I hope it's just a dead leg and I can play through it."

Moore first picked up the injury prior to the 1-0 defeat at Leeds United at the end of November

Opta stats

Queens Park Rangers have won three of their last four league games against Reading (L1), including a 1-0 victory at the Madejski earlier this season.

Reading have only lost three of their last 15 games in all competitions at Loftus Road (W5 D7).

QPR have won their last three Championship games - they last won four in a row back in January 2014, a season in which they were promoted via the Championship playoffs.

Reading are winless in eight league games, losing four and drawing four. They haven't suffered three consecutive defeats since the opening three games this term.

Pawel Wszolek is the first QPR player to score in three consecutive league appearances at Loftus Road since Tjaronn Chery in April 2016 (5 in a row).

Reading's John Swift has attempted the most shots without scoring a goal in the Championship this season (34 shots).

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      QPR will once again be missing Geoff Cameron (ankle), Angel Rangel (thigh) and Tomer Hemed (groin) as they seek a fourth successive win against Reading.

Defender Joel Lynch made his comeback from a dead leg in the 3-0 defeat of Ipswich.

Academy products Ilias Chair and Aramide Oteh made fine cameos against Ipswich and boss Steve McClaren must decide whether to give them starting roles.

Reading are missing the suspended Tyler Blackett and Leandro Bacuna as they go in search of a first win in nine matches. The duo were shown straight red cards in the 1-0 defeat at Millwall.

New boss Jose Gomes made three changes against the Lions and must decide if additional changes are needed following a disappointing loss.

Reading are also sweating on the fitness of defender Liam Moore going into this weekend's game at QPR.

The centre-back returned to the side for the Boxing Day defeat at Millwall on Wednesday after missing the previous four matches with a pulled calf muscle.

However, Moore received a kick on the calf towards the end of the game at The Den and is now a major doubt for Saturday's Championship encounter at Loftus Road.

The 25-year-old said: "I'm hoping it settles down very quickly. It was just a kick but it was on the exact same spot where I had a grade two pull.

"Muscle injuries stay inflammed for a while so to get a kick on the sweet spot is frustrating but I hope it's just a dead leg and I can play through it."

Moore first picked up the injury prior to the 1-0 defeat at Leeds United at the end of November
      So if Moore plays put him under pressure immediately, play everything near him see if he's up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

So if Moore plays put him under pressure immediately, play everything near him see if he's up to it.
        Oh you are wicked ....but like you

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

And smash his calf early doors. Sounds wicked but it’s dog eat dog

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Oh you are wicked ....but like you
            Serves him right for going public. That stuff stays in the dressing room.

Comment

West London Sport have reported that Jordan Cousins is set to replace Luongo – and has been challenged by Steve McClaren to step up to the plate in his absence.

Reading have struggled this season but Rangers boss McClaren has warned that his side can expect a tough game.

“This Reading team is a completely different animal to what it was two or three weeks ago and we are going to have to be ready for that,” McClaren told QPR’s website.

“We need to make sure we do our jobs, prepare right and try as hard as possible to get a performance which will win the game.”

Comment

Scowen and Cousins to start ?

Comment

Championship sponsors, Sky Bet, make the Rs 8/13 favourites for the win on Saturday, with the Royals out at 17/4 for three points. The draw is available at 3/1.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

And smash his calf early doors. Sounds wicked but it’s dog eat dog
                    Definitely
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

DvlsQ5LWwAA1Uu9.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

Looking forward to this. Cousins in for Mass. Settled team, at home, on a roll. What can possibly go wrong?

Comment

Pretty young bench

Comment

Not sure I'd call Smith pretty

Comment

Not sure I will watch this one. We tend to win when I skip watching..
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X