Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burton 1 QPR 3 **Match Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    And of all those teams who all have very good strikers and 4 or more of them! and defenders aswell chipping in, sorry nas to think you dont need youre midfielders chipping ins rubbish.
    You seem to misunderstand my point. My point is that if our strikers are doing their jobs, our midfielders could focus on doing theirs... Why should we complain about a midfield that does score enough goals just because our strikers aren't scoring enough? You should be complaining about the strike force and that should be the end of it. We don't need more complaints. It's the striker's and winger's jobs to score in general, if they aren't doing that, don't blame the f arkin midfield, blame the strikers.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

    Comment


    • Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      You seem to misunderstand my point. My point is that if our strikers are doing their jobs, our midfielders could focus on doing theirs... Why should we complain about a midfield that does score enough goals just because our strikers aren't scoring enough? You should be complaining about the strike force and that should be the end of it. We don't need more complaints. It's the striker's and winger's jobs to score in general, if they aren't doing that, don't blame the f arkin midfield, blame the strikers.
      Im missing no point thanks nas, footballs about getting goals all way around the team and especially in midfield, its as simple as that mate, if you think its not, well.....
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        Im missing no point thanks nas, footballs about getting goals all way around the team and especially in midfield, its as simple as that mate, if you think its not, well.....
        HAHAHAHAHAHA What about strikers? Is it not especially them? How are you going around giving this sorta statement and expecting me to take you seriously. Football is about getting goals and not conceding them. A striker's number one job is to score. A midfielder's job is dependent on his role but no midfielder has the number one job of scoring. They usually have creating and defending. Scoring can be a byproduct, but it almost never is the primary. Even those Yaya Toure and Lampard seasons of 20 goals from them, they were still defending, still creating as their primary goals, they just happened to add goals to their repertoire.

        A striker should be scoring and when the team isn't scoring enough, you don't look anywhere before you look at the strikers. If they aren't doing their job, you don't say "well the midfield should pick up their slack", you say "well these strikers are cack, lets play different ones". Oteh and Smyth both scored on their first starts for the club, Wheeler scored on his first start as a striker for the club. IF they can keep it up, great, then maybe you'll finally realise that it is a striker's job to deal with the pressure of being the team's primary source of goals along with the wingers who in most cases are also required to score. If they can't deal with that pressure, then they're cack strikers. But you don't blame the midfield for the lack of goals when the strikers aren't setting the right examples in the first place.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          Fark me we won yesterday didn't we?
          I had to double check! You'd think a 3-1 away win, regardless of the opposition, would stop the petty farking squabbling.
          Top Scorers 2017/2018

          Matt Smith - 11
          Massimo Luongo - 7
          Idrissa Sylla - 6
          Conor Washington - 6
          Luke Freeman - 5
          Jamie Mackie - 4
          Eberiche Eze - 3
          Ryan Manning - 3
          Jake Bidwell - 2
          Paul Smyth - 2
          Pawel Wszolek - 2
          Jack Robinson - 2
          Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
          Darnell Furlong - 1
          David Wheeler - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Josh Scowen - 1
          Joel Lynch - 1

          Summer Transfers 2018

          IN


          OUT

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            I had to double check! You'd think a 3-1 away win, regardless of the opposition, would stop the petty farking squabbling.
            I don't mean to get into squabbles, but if I get called out, it's not in my character to back down.

            We played very very well yesterday and everyone who's getting plaudits from the result absolutely deserves it. Let's keep it up at home next weekend and push on in 2018.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              You'd think a 3-1 away win, regardless of the opposition, would stop the petty farking squabbling.
              On the contrary Ginge. It gives some the ideal opportunity to try and force-feed people humble pie! Can't win either way

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                On the contrary Ginge. It gives some the ideal opportunity to try and force-feed people humble pie!
                You could say the opposite after a poor result Stan, it gives some the ideal opportunity to celebrate!
                Top Scorers 2017/2018

                Matt Smith - 11
                Massimo Luongo - 7
                Idrissa Sylla - 6
                Conor Washington - 6
                Luke Freeman - 5
                Jamie Mackie - 4
                Eberiche Eze - 3
                Ryan Manning - 3
                Jake Bidwell - 2
                Paul Smyth - 2
                Pawel Wszolek - 2
                Jack Robinson - 2
                Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
                Darnell Furlong - 1
                David Wheeler - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Josh Scowen - 1
                Joel Lynch - 1

                Summer Transfers 2018

                IN


                OUT

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  HAHAHAHAHAHA What about strikers? Is it not especially them? How are you going around giving this sorta statement and expecting me to take you seriously. Football is about getting goals and not conceding them. A striker's number one job is to score. A midfielder's job is dependent on his role but no midfielder has the number one job of scoring. They usually have creating and defending. Scoring can be a byproduct, but it almost never is the primary. Even those Yaya Toure and Lampard seasons of 20 goals from them, they were still defending, still creating as their primary goals, they just happened to add goals to their repertoire.

                  A striker should be scoring and when the team isn't scoring enough, you don't look anywhere before you look at the strikers. If they aren't doing their job, you don't say "well the midfield should pick up their slack", you say "well these strikers are cack, lets play different ones". Oteh and Smyth both scored on their first starts for the club, Wheeler scored on his first start as a striker for the club. IF they can keep it up, great, then maybe you'll finally realise that it is a striker's job to deal with the pressure of being the team's primary source of goals along with the wingers who in most cases are also required to score. If they can't deal with that pressure, then they're cack strikers. But you don't blame the midfield for the lack of goals when the strikers aren't setting the right examples in the first place.
                  Aswell as obviously, youre not dippy are you, so you know what i meant! next youll be telling me how small the pitch is at loftus road, and we cant play intricate football on it as its the smallest
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    You could say the opposite after a poor result Stan, it gives some the ideal opportunity to celebrate!
                    Or just do a spot of spleen venting. Better than giving you an ulcer

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      HAHAHAHAHAHA What about strikers? Is it not especially them? How are you going around giving this sorta statement and expecting me to take you seriously. Football is about getting goals and not conceding them. A striker's number one job is to score. A midfielder's job is dependent on his role but no midfielder has the number one job of scoring. They usually have creating and defending. Scoring can be a byproduct, but it almost never is the primary. Even those Yaya Toure and Lampard seasons of 20 goals from them, they were still defending, still creating as their primary goals, they just happened to add goals to their repertoire.

                      A striker should be scoring and when the team isn't scoring enough, you don't look anywhere before you look at the strikers. If they aren't doing their job, you don't say "well the midfield should pick up their slack", you say "well these strikers are cack, lets play different ones". Oteh and Smyth both scored on their first starts for the club, Wheeler scored on his first start as a striker for the club. IF they can keep it up, great, then maybe you'll finally realise that it is a striker's job to deal with the pressure of being the team's primary source of goals along with the wingers who in most cases are also required to score. If they can't deal with that pressure, then they're cack strikers. But you don't blame the midfield for the lack of goals when the strikers aren't setting the right examples in the first place.
                      At some times in football the strikers have barren spells, if we stick to youre idea we dont need midfielders scoring, youd be going on a losing run son, like ive said you obviously dont know everything about football apart from looking at stats! even though its basics about wanting/needing others to chip in
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Or just do a spot of spleen venting. Better than giving you an ulcer
                        What's the saying...a moan a day keeps the doctor away?
                        Top Scorers 2017/2018

                        Matt Smith - 11
                        Massimo Luongo - 7
                        Idrissa Sylla - 6
                        Conor Washington - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 5
                        Jamie Mackie - 4
                        Eberiche Eze - 3
                        Ryan Manning - 3
                        Jake Bidwell - 2
                        Paul Smyth - 2
                        Pawel Wszolek - 2
                        Jack Robinson - 2
                        Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
                        Darnell Furlong - 1
                        David Wheeler - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Josh Scowen - 1
                        Joel Lynch - 1

                        Summer Transfers 2018

                        IN


                        OUT

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          What's the saying...a moan a day keeps the doctor away?
                          Exactly mate

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            What's the saying...a moan a day keeps the doctor away?
                            This must be the healthiest forum out there..
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              This must be the healthiest forum out there..
                              Me, Pinks and Kev are in big trouble
                              Top Scorers 2017/2018

                              Matt Smith - 11
                              Massimo Luongo - 7
                              Idrissa Sylla - 6
                              Conor Washington - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 5
                              Jamie Mackie - 4
                              Eberiche Eze - 3
                              Ryan Manning - 3
                              Jake Bidwell - 2
                              Paul Smyth - 2
                              Pawel Wszolek - 2
                              Jack Robinson - 2
                              Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
                              Darnell Furlong - 1
                              David Wheeler - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Josh Scowen - 1
                              Joel Lynch - 1

                              Summer Transfers 2018

                              IN


                              OUT

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                At some times in football the strikers have barren spells, if we stick to youre idea we dont need midfielders scoring, youd be going on a losing run son, like ive said you obviously dont know everything about football apart from looking at stats! even though its basics about wanting/needing others to chip in
                                He gave you a whole load of evidence! Yes in my view midfielders should score more but God has not set up the team to make the best of strikers we do have.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X