Not quite sure what went wrong today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite sure what went wrong today

Apart from the obvious 5 nil tonking,but was it really a slaughter,up until their first goal we could and should have scored 3 or 4,then the whole complex of the game would have changed.

Green has never filled me with confidence,his command of the box is shocking,however he had little chance with 4 of the goals.

It seemed to me today that the team had to many players who love to attack,but do not like defending,we need to concentrate on the defensive side as goals will surely come from ,Cisse,Hoillet etc.

Thought Cisse looked unfit and barely touched the ball in the second half,however he is a class act and will come good.

Walked away from the ground slightly baffled by the scoreline, as it seemed just to be one of those days when everything Swansea did resulted in a goal.

Still think we are good enough for mid table, onward and upwards.

Goalkeeper and defence were abysmal, plus we didn't take our chances. That was where we went wrong.

Comment

Playing 3/4 defenders who nearly got us relegated last term.

Comment

hopefully next saturday we have couple of new defenders. Can't get worse than today. I guess Nelsen will start next game,but who will partner with him is another question

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
          Playing 3/4 defenders who nearly got us relegated last term.
          Good point,with so many new players had not really thought about that,Onorua looks shocking at full back and centre of defence

Comment

If we dont sign a decent CB we are in trouble looking at that today, a defence and GK who have no confidence.

Comment

Think bosingwa will play cb with whom I don't know

Comment

Onouha looks shat wherever you play him

Comment

But Hughes says we don't need a CB

Gulp!

Comment

All Norwich have to do is play Holt next week and he smash our powder puff defence to bits

Comment

if i remember rightly all the swansea goals came from though the middle where ferdinand and hill fail to stop them, very poor defending and it dont help when green not a confident GK

Comment

Been saying for weeks the defence isnt much stronger than at Stamford bridge for the previous stuffing. MH hasn't addressed what is glaringly obvious and we can only hope he oes by the end of the month or another season of pain beckons
                        http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

We all talked about midfield overkill yet they waltzed though us as if we were not there.

Defence top priority in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

"Hi Ale. Mark here. We were going to get you fit by playing you in the stiffs for a few weeks. That may have changed though......"

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
                              Goalkeeper and defence were abysmal, plus we didn't take our chances. That was where we went wrong.
                              Agree whole defence & keeper awful 4 midfielders who all want to go forward leaving big holes for Swancelona to exploit Mackie misses easiest chance of game to draw us level Huges unable to change tactics, put pressure on them plays 1 up top Cisse who's never played that role if we are going to do this which I don't like it has to be someone to hold the ball Zamora and PLEASE PLEASE go and sign a centre half who will attack the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X