On way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home

Quite suprised about all the negative postings on the board tonight, not sure how many of these posters actually attended the game.

First 15 or 20 minutes Swansea edged the game and could have been a couple up.

After that I thought it was a cracking end to end game which either side could have won,we should have won it with nearly last kick of the game,but Swansea has us on the ropes at times.

What do people want ??, only thing is Zamora was finished 15 mins before he came off,poor bloke could hardly walk and Clint was blowing out of every orrifice he had, earlier subs may have helped, but after seeing Hoillets cameo performance I can see why he did not come on earlier.

We are not going to steam roll every team at home and i may be alone but I enjoyed the game and wished Palace at home had been as good.

Nice one mate, thanks for the perspective.

Comment

Disappointed we didn't win it but I'll take a point.

Comment

Yeh I thought the same. We are clearly weak in terms of strength in depth... Was at the game to and thought from where I was sitting that at 1-0, fer put through vargas... Looked to me like he could of knocked it back across to Zamora to tap in rather than shooting from a tight angle

Comment

That would of put the game to bed

Comment

Swansea area better side than us and I would have taken a point before the game as I expected us to get nothing from this game. Thought Green should have been sent off in the first 5-10 minutes so got lucky there. Not unhappy today.

The issue is most of the teams coming to LR now are better than us so our home performances will seem worse in this half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
              Quite suprised about all the negative postings on the board tonight, not sure how many of these posters actually attended the game.

After that I thought it was a cracking end to end game which either side could have won,we should have won it with nearly last kick of the game,but Swansea has us on the ropes at times.

What do people want ??, only thing is Zamora was finished 15 mins before he came off,poor bloke could hardly walk and Clint was blowing out of every orrifice he had, earlier subs may have helped, but after seeing Hoillets cameo performance I can see why he did not come on earlier.

We are not going to steam roll every team at home and i may be alone but I enjoyed the game and wished Palace at home had been as good.
              Great post mate.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                Yeh I thought the same. We are clearly weak in terms of strength in depth... Was at the game to and thought from where I was sitting that at 1-0, fer put through vargas... Looked to me like he could of knocked it back across to Zamora to tap in rather than shooting from a tight angle
                He should have, he didn't even look and instead of a Bobby tap in, he tries a bad angle shot!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

watched on a stream and a draw was very fair. amazing the difference injury time goals make -if it had been us we'd have been happy as Larry but the results the same. Important to keep positive.

Comment

Spot on,we played very well today.twas a kick in the knackers to concede at the death,only moan is why bony was left unmarked for the goal.we got some hard home games coming up but will strengthen up top with hopefully a cover for left back too.think were be ok
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Played some good stuff at times today. Poor ball retention throughout the game ended up costing us, as it usually does due to inviting unneccessary pressure.

And of course earlier substitutions would have helped, but why would anybody be surprised that the silly old fart doesn't make them?

Comment

I agree and before the game would have taken a point, but have to be disappointed to have thrown away 2 points against 10 men in stoppage time.
                        QPR should be able to see out a game at such a late stage with a man to spare at home.
                        Winning home games is so vital when away form is horrendous.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Played some good stuff at times today. Poor ball retention throughout the game ended up costing us, as it usually does due to inviting unneccessary pressure.

And of course earlier substitutions would have helped, but why would anybody be surprised that the silly old fart doesn't make them?
                          I am not in the least bit surprised at late or confusing substitutions from Redknapp as we have seen these throughout his time at the club.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                            watched on a stream and a draw was very fair. amazing the difference injury time goals make -if it had been us we'd have been happy as Larry but the results the same. Important to keep positive.
                            Yep.... The psychology of dropping two points in added tyime is bound to affect perspective. Also, glancing at results of others around us will dampen the mood. But, a draw seems fair and reasonable today and another point towards the tally.

Comment

Yep don't get all the negativity. Yes it's 2 pts dropped but we didn't play as badly as some on here are saying.
                              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                              X