X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete's Latest Including Interview with Dave Thomas + message from AKUTRs

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/home.htm

Message from AKUTRs

Although still very much ‘work in progress’, I have been making lots of changes to the AKUTR’s website (http://www.akutrs.co.uk) in recent weeks. New features include a portal for lift-sharing and exchanging spare match tickets, my own Blog (which will only be published on-line), plus one or two other ideas yet to be added. There is also a preview of the current issue, plus subscription details and an archive of past material.

We are also aiming to raise funds over the course of the forthcoming season, for our chosen charity, Samaritans, with a number of events and initiatives planned. The reasons for our doing this are set out on the site, with links to our ‘justgiving’ page, which explains even more.

With the season just around the corner, we have an advertising rates card available on request via the website. Paid adverts in the print version will be replicated for free on the website. Plus this year we are introducing an on-line directory.

As you may already be aware, last season AKUTR’s won the award as Best Football League Fanzine, for the second year in succession. As well as setting our sights on the hat-trick, we are also aiming to make AKUTR’s bigger and better this season, with the website playing a vital part of that.

Here’s to a successful season for our beloved club and a highly enjoyable one for us supporters.

Dave Thomas
    Editor, AKUTR’s

Comment

A kick up the r'ss one or our ex player?

Comment

Wait and see

Comment

MYU thanks for putting it up at a good time.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

pete can u confirm that u got a tan on your head as well as gavin mahon

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              MYU thanks for putting it up at a good time.
              The reason why it takes a long time is that I have to download the video to the PC, rename all the files, edit the video, then convert the video. It will only allow me to convert wmv format, I then convert it from wmv to flash, upload the video, and create the video player, update the page and it's done.

You have to remember that I do all this as soon as I get home, I'm hungry too and sometimes there are problems, which instead of taking a few hours takes longer.

I do try to get it done as fast as I can, this would then mean I can relax like the rest of you, the later it gets up the later I can put my own feet up!

Comment

Originally posted by Wembley Ranger View Post
                pete can u confirm that u got a tan on your head as well as gavin mahon
                I can confirm that he used Debbies make up before hand.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                  The reason why it takes a long time is that I have to download the video to the PC, rename all the files, edit the video, then convert the video. It will only allow me to convert wmv format, I then convert it from wmv to flash, upload the video, and create the video player, update the page and it's done.

You have to remember that I do all this as soon as I get home, I'm hungry too and sometimes there are problems, which instead of taking a few hours takes longer.

I do try to get it done as fast as I can, this would then mean I can relax like the rest of you, the later it gets up the later I can put my own feet up!
                  good work MYU

Comment

I didn't mean it like that, I was trying to make a point that I try to get the video up as quickly as possible so I to can relax to, but thanks.

Comment

no pun intended fella

didnt realise u had to do all that to upload the video

Comment

Great video. AKUTRs is top notch and we're lucky to have such a decent fanzine
                        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

How about getting the other Dave Thomas on the phone?

Comment

Yes, great idea!

Comment

Hoping to get Phil Parkes and daddy Maddix in August.
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete I know this is a big ask but Danny Maddix is best friends with Sir Les. Would it be possible to get Sir Les Ferdinand involved to. The 90's was my era and he was my hero. It would be great to get him also involved. Worth a try as it would make my day and I'm sure many others.
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X