X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One For Older Rangers Fans And Hammer

is that harry Redknapp on the right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jw1OCe2RVc
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

No adverts just about the teams and the football........nice eh!

No dancing after the goals...what do they call it 'skank', 'shite' or sumin'.

What happened to all the criticising of the Ref with 10 different angles and replays?

Wilks should have been booked for kicking the ball away ;)....the bolox of today eh!

I like the young kids in shirts and ties behind the goal...them were the days

I was only born in 69 though.
    The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
    :grimace:

Comment

weve got barry barry barry barry bridges on the wing in our team

Comment

I've gone right off Harry.

Comment

and they moaned about the pitch this season :shocked:

Comment

I was there that day. Lucky enough (and old enough) to see most games that year, although we finished rock bottom there were some excellent performances, like this one, but also some godawful ones (0-5 away to Coventry on a Tuesday evening springs to mind).
            I think we went about 13 or 14 games at the start of the season without a win, then eventually beat Ipswich 2-1 in midweek. The saturday following we played Sheffield wednesday, all over them at the beginning, 3-0 up wahey! Ran out of steam but still held on for a 3-2 win. Two wins in a row, we thought we'd be OK. Wrong. Only 2 more wins all season, one in the last Home game against Stoke.

Comment

Is that the season that Marsh practically missed all season?/

Was Wilks that bad?
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Marsh missed about half the season, blimey did we miss his quality. Wilks was unfortunate in that he was often the replacement for Marsh, but was clearly not fit to lace RM's boots. But I was there the night he scored 5 v Oxford, didnt look too bad that game!
                But he was one of those players who didn't LOOK like a footballer, if you get my drift!

Comment

Had Springett been Number 1 for many years, was he replaced by Parkes or a bit later?

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    Had Springett been Number 1 for many years, was he replaced by Parkes or a bit later?

The story going around then was that Springett's eye sight was going, he did start to miss a lot of crosses and such.
                    They seek him here.................

Comment

No Ron Springett came from Sheffield Wed for the 67-68 season, his brother Peter went in the opposite direction, bit of a surprise after the 66-67 League Cup/Promotion double. Bearing in mind RS signed for us in 67, having been in the World cup winning squad the year before. He got injured in 67-68, Mike Kelly was the keeper for many games in the run in to promotion in 68, he's the England keepers coach now (or was?)
                      Ron's last season for us was that 68-69 season, don't remember how many games he played, but he wasn't really up to it. I think Parkes joined in 1970, he was about 19, got him from Walsall. Best keeper we ever had.

Comment

keepers never wore gloves in them days either!

Comment

come on hammer, keep up

Comment

Lol.

I am both old enough and proud enough to say i was there aged 10.taken by my qpr mad great supporter grandfather.

This was my 1st time ever i went to upton park.

Comment

Great memories, just
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X