Unconfigured Ad Widget



No announcement yet.

Where are they Now..The Forgotten Men

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Weve had some tripe over the years, eh?

    350 K for Steve Slade, lol. Nice one Wilkins.


    • #32
      Jurgen Sommer

      . Sommer played for the next seven years in England for Queens Park Rangers, Luton Town and Torquay. In 1998 he made the jump back home to sign with the Columbus Crew of Major League Soccer, as a replacement for Brad Friedel, who had signed for Liverpool the previous year. Sommer became the Crew starter over the next two seasons, and after a pair of major knee injuries, he signed with the New England Revolution. In 2000, he played one game with the Connecticut Wolves in the USISL A-League.[1] After another injury forced Sommer to the sidelines, and the emergence of Adin Brown as the Revolution's starting goalkeeper, he retired after the 2002 MLS Cup. He represented English side Bolton Wanderers for just one FA Cup game against Blackburn Rovers in February 2001.

      Matthew Brazier

      Brazier began his career at Queens Park Rangers, making his way through the clubs youth system. The 1996-97 season saw him establish himself in the first team but a series of injuroes saw him leave the club in March 1998 for £65,000. He scored for the club on his debut in a match against Preston North End, but struggled to make an impact in the side and was allowed to leave at the end of the season to sign for Cardiff City on loan.

      His loan spell saw him make 11 appearances for the club and, despite a back injury disrupting his time at the club, his performances persuaded Cardiff to pay £100,000 for him at the end of the 1998-99 season. His first season back at the club didn't live up to the expectations set during his loan spell at the club and it wasn't until his second year that he managed to return to form only for an illness to disrupt his season. In January 2002 he was allowed to join Leyton Orient, along with Kevin Nugent.


      After 13 goals in his first season back, Thorpe left the financially crippled club for Queens Park Rangers for a cut-price £50,000 fee, after Thorpe threatened to invoke a rule where he could move to QPR for free. Many Luton fans were outraged at Thorpe and have never forgiven the talented forward.[citation needed] He scored 10 goals in his first season at QPR, but the next season was loaned to relegation strugglers Rotherham United. He was then released by QPR, and joined Swindon Town, along with another ex-QPR striker, Jamie Cureton.

      His time at Swindon was unsuccessful, and he was allowed to join fellow League One side Colchester United. After their promotion to the Championship, Thorpe was released and he move to Stevenage Borough in July 2006. However, he struggled to settle there, and he was sent to Grimsby Town on loan in September 2006, and he signed for the Mariners in January 2007.

      Thorpe was released from Grimsby Town at the end of the 2006-07 season and went on to join Conference North team Tamworth, while signing on for Sunday league side Hockley Rangers in Leicester's Alliance League.[1].

      On 1 November 2007 Thorpe left Tamworth by mutual consent, after an eye condition prevented him from playing. The eye was injured when he scratched the eye on a tile while working, and his vision deteriorated with little sign of improvement.[2] However, he went on to sign for Barton Rovers later in the month.[3]

      He signed for Woking on 1 September 2008 but was released after just one game following the dismissal of the clubs manager. On 4 September 2008 he signed for Brackley Town.

      It was announced in late November, 2008, that due to new job commitments, Brackley Town and Tony Thorpe came to a mutual agreement for him to move on, as he was unable to find the time commitment needed. He signed for Stamford A.F.C. in December 2008.


      David Arthur Gnohéré (born November 20, 1978 in Yamoussoukro, Côte d'Ivoire) is an Ivorian-born French footballer, and is currently without a club.

      Gnohere's first taste of English football came at Lancashire club Burnley. After a successful trial period at the club he signed a contract to be a part of Stan Ternant's squad in 2001. 'King Arthur' has he was effectively nicknamed became a firm fans favourite at the club with his dominant displays and his excellent runs up the field from defence.

      His finest hour was in a local derby away at Preston. He stunned the Lilywhites with two goals, including one from a classy set up from Alan Moore. He was a constant fixture in the Burnley team during the 2001/2002 season where Burnley looked likely to gain promotion to the F.A Premier League. He failed to live up to his early form at Burnley in the following seasons and was subsequently released when his contract expired.

      After a spell out of the game, Gnohéré signed for Oxford United in August 2007. However, in October 2007 after a string of poor performances for the U's and the return of regular defenders from injury, the club decided not to renue his month to month contract and he was released. [1]
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/


      • #33
        Adam miller is now at gillingham.
        Now, Then, Forever
        [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS


        • #34
          As mentioned before in this thread Tony Scully ended up playing at Crawley Town, my hometown club, and I think actually ended his career there. I'm sure there are several other Ex-R's that went to Crawley but I can only think of Karl Ready at the moment, he went there for a year. John Hollins was manager there for a year as well!