Global brand ha ha ha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global brand ha ha ha

Briatore is kidding himself we will never ever be a global brand lets be honest here not even arsenal or chelsea are global brands, the only english that will ever be that are man utd and liverpool ffs this is a complete joke this is all to line briatore's fat pockets even further if he his bringing in millions of pounds in sponsorship put the f ing season ticket prices down joker.

I'm not sure you're right there mate.

We can enter the Asian market, primeraly India with Mittal on board.
    We have Itallian interest.
    I've met several Jamaicans who every time I mention I'm QPR...Damion comes up right away.
    We're on the rich list which gets us recognition globaly.

Flav may be a knob, but he's certainly no mug.
    The man know business, and he'll get us recognised, one way or another.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
      I'm not sure you're right there mate.

We can enter the Asian market, primeraly India with Mittal on board.
      We have Itallian interest.
      I've met several Jamaicans who every time I mention I'm QPR...Damion comes up right away.
      We're on the rich list which gets us recognition globaly.

Flav may be a knob, but he's certainly no mug.
      The man know business, and he'll get us recognised, one way or another.

I agree but I still feel that we would be a better product to "sell" if we were a better side. Whether in Japan, India or deepest darkest Peru the big four have the big names and will attract new fans. When we have a decent product we will have interest.

I think Briatore knows what he has doing with us as a brand but on this occassion I think he has it the wrong way round and should first make the product as good as it can be before selling it to the world.

Comment

At the moment, our Brand is more Jo than Russell...

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post
          At the moment, our Brand is more Jo than Russell...

Would you rather we were either?
          Both sad individuals if you ask me...

SPC, very valid points and I completely agree.
          I just meant that we could easily become a global brand due to the media attention.

We'll never punch the same weight as Manure for instance as they pretty much dominate world football from an English perspective, but we could certainly be a very known brand/team

Comment

Anyone who thinks this appointment is not GREAT FOR THE CLUB is a complete and utter tool. The guys in charge are looking at making us a self sufficient club and yet people still moan. Without investment like this do you really see them putting their hands in their pockets constantly to get us out of trouble if debts went out of control. How the hell do you think Man U, Liverpool, Scum, Arsenal have all done it in these markets... Yeah they have the brand on the pitch to sell out in those countries at the minute, so the club are showing their ambition by setting us up to attack those markets when we get to the promise land. With the likes of Mittal and Bernie just associated to QPR it is enough to get people talking in Asian markets. Hopefully this close season and during next season our profile will rise up enough to attract greater interest over their. If we could take 2p off every person in that region of the world then we'd have the income to compete with the likes of RM, Barcelona etc... It's a bold move to try and compete in those markets and one that will probably cost the club nothing, but will ensure the long term future and hopefully success of QPR.

I know we are not a global brand at the minute but this is a superb move by the board to position the club to try and become one.

Comment

Would you rather we were either?
              Both sad individuals if you ask me...

SPC, very valid points and I completely agree.
              I just meant that we could easily become a global brand due to the media attention.

We'll never punch the same weight as Manure for instance as they pretty much dominate world football from an English perspective, but we could certainly be a very known brand/team
              It takes decades to build up a brand and global success to achieve what United have, which is why Chelsea aren't recognised in the same way as Milan, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Barcelona and Man Utd. If we really want to be a global force we have to first do it on the pitch which is why I'm confused at the way we are trying to achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                It takes decades to build up a brand and global success to achieve what United have, which is why Chelsea aren't recognised in the same way as Milan, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Barcelona and Man Utd. If we really want to be a global force we have to first do it on the pitch which is why I'm confused at the way we are trying to achieve it.
                Totally agree SIRPIE as I usually do as you seem like one of the few on here with a brain. Brands to take years to build but they also do have to start somewhere too. Mittal is a global figure on his own and his name alone will raise our profile. It is now soooooo important that we get the brand right on the field though even more so when you attack those markets as they can be very unforgiving. As I say though its still a fantastic move for the club!

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post

Seconded mate.

I think the majority would rather see it that way, but this is as much a learnig curve for Flav as anything. Am I happy with the way It's going? No...But It's the way It's going to happen.

He'll realise what's going on and even Flav isn't stubborn enough not to change his method when he realises the best way.

Comment

Sad thing is, its just the way football has gone & if you dont sign up for a slice of the pie, you get left behind.
                    Look at how Manchester United fixture lists are rigged in their favour by The FA / UEFA, purely on the basis of how much TV money they can make from the far eastern markets with Manchester United involvement.
                    Its blatantly corrupt, but this is what always happens when there are these amounts of money involved.
                    Just the way football has gone, no point getting upset about it.

Comment

Seconded mate.

I think the majority would rather see it that way, but this is as much a learnig curve for Flav as anything. Am I happy with the way It's going? No...But It's the way It's going to happen.

He'll realise what's going on and even Flav isn't stubborn enough not to change his method when he realises the best way.

He does seem to take advice from experts in business but its a shame he hasn't found someone who can do the same for matters on the pitch. I think until he can trust someone and allow someone to disagree with him over team matters we will have a succession of managers leading to instability.

It was a great shame that De Canio had to leave as he seems to be the only person who fitted in with Briatore. Shearer yesterday said he would take advice from his former managers an idea that Briatore should look into. I'm sure someone like Sir Alex Ferguson would be willing to give him advice. The big question is would he listen?

Comment

to be fair, growing up did we think Chelsea would be a global brand?
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          to be fair, growing up did we think Chelsea would be a global brand?
                          There not a global brand, we'll only ever have two and thats Man U and Liverpool, no way will we ever become a global brand. look at the money spent and the history of those two clubs look at the money spent by Chelsea and have they turned the world blue?

Comment

chelsea are not a global brand pete end of

Comment

Let us have patience.
                              Was Chelsea a global brand 10 years ago?
                              "QPR" actually has a better ring to it.
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                              X