News From Kettering..And Some Signing Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News From Kettering..And Some Signing Speculation

First of all, it was more like mid November than end of JULY, with atrocious conditions and we nearly never made it into the game, with late gates shut and having to knock on a door in the p.issing rain and I mean rain that you simply get soaked in running from the car park to the ground which is about 10 yards away.

Stewart was made captain, we missed the first goal which was a good cross from Vignel to Helgusson, but saw the second which was scored by an impressive Perricoli, who slotted the ball home nicely after bullying two centre backs. He tired towards the end and was running on empty as it was energy sapping ground.

Cannot help feeling this had a B team look to it, though it was obvious which ones were bordering on the first team, ie Stewart, Perricoli, Helgusson and Alberti. Still think Hogan will move on, but he stood out too.

Contrary to reports Faurlin has only got a slightly worse thigh strain than the others, and is only 50-50 for the game against blackpool, (it is only likely to keep him out of one game) Buzz should be okay to play some part against Southampton, Legs may not be fit in time.

In regards to the two/three potential signings it all lies with magilton and Gorman, but the impression is that Vignol will not be offered a contract and Percoli will, but at the moment that is pure speculation. It is believed that Vignol is no better than what we have, but at least he was given 90 minutes to show his worth and apparantly it was a decent cross for the first goal. I think he tried too much versus Wycombe, but was slightly better tonight, but it must be remembered the kind of opposition we were playing against. Tarrabt was poor tonight and did give alot of possession away.

Marshall is almost definitely going to be offered some kind of contract and he was impressive between the sticks. We played well first half, but unfortunately the kids apart from Oastler who had a good game, did not shine too much and late in the game, when the majority of these were playing, played at the same level as Kettering and we never looked dangerous. The best thing for some of these kids is to get experience and in someone like Antonio German who has age on his side, but will not be good enough for the challenge in the championship that lies ahead. He is a great kid and the club should stand by hiim and look after him, but his time is not yet.

Man of the match for me tonight would be Alberti, who sprayed lovely balls and commanded the midfield and a mention for Perricoli, who I believe will be signed in the next 48 hours, he is tasty in the air and will give defenders alot of trouble this season, though he has to learn not to drop his head if a ball is misplaced or mistimed, which he tended to do tonight. I am convinced he will be good target man, but its too early to say how many goals he will score, but he will adapt to the new style of game, I am sure of that.

On the whole a good performance, without being spectacular.

We are looking for another striker, even though everyone is being a bit cagey at this stage, so deal is some-way from happenind and we are looking at a proven championship left back as part of a possible deal for one of our players. I did not ask specifically, as so many would jump on me if it does not come off, but thats where we stand.

My guess is that VIGLEN has not been offered a two year deal, Perricoli will sign and as long as magilton can negiotiate with marshall in next 48 hours, think he could well be our Number 2 next season. In regards to Cranie, this is a real longshot, as we are covered in the centre back areas, though its fair to say we are offered about 10 players a day from various agents.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

many thanks pete, great news if we are after a proven striker and left back, proof the club are monitoring wrtb for the right reasons as well!

Comment

cheers pete

Comment

I really hope we sign Cranie, really good player!
        Sounds like Alessandro Pellicori could be a good player in the CCC, target man by the sounds.

Proven CCC left back sounds good and striker would be nice!!!
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Nice? It wd be time to crack open the blue nunn...

Comment

Cheers Pete

Comment

Made it home 10 minutes ago from droping Pete off home, taken me longer to get home from Chelsea then it did from getting from Kettering to Chelsea. Don't use the A40, not even at midnight.

Don't expect any videos tonight.

Comment

MYU - you don't sound too happy mate...

Comment

put my head on the plate and predict Vignol WILL be offered a contract,but good to hear we are after another striker.

Comment

Matthew, you head will be chopped off.
                    "no better than what we have" was the quote I heard.

lets see, said before I've been wrong.

Myu get to bed you mi.searable git !!

Its taken you and hour and a half LOL
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Lita - Daily Express.

Comment

I thought he looked good and set the first goal in todays game.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          Matthew, you head will be chopped off.
                          "no better than what we have" was the quote I heard.

lets see, said before I've been wrong.

Myu get to bed you mi.searable git !!

Its taken you and hour and a half LOL
                          we will see,i thing Gorman want s him and will get his way

Comment

Lita didn't play

Comment

Originally posted by MYU_QPR View Post
                              Made it home 10 minutes ago from droping Pete off home, taken me longer to get home from Chelsea then it did from getting from Kettering to Chelsea. Don't use the A40, not even at midnight.

Don't expect any videos tonight.
                              MYU are u indirectly confirming QBP lives in chelsea and that he is closet chels*cum fan????

Comment

Working...
                              X