Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke to Alan Hansen today

(apologies, not meant as a name drop).

Told him I supported QPR and how the kind of fantasy football we are seeing at Man City was something quite a lot of people thought we might see at Loftus Rd. He laughed and said "yes, you got bought by billionaires but it never really happened. You might still make it to the Champions League, but probably not in your lifetime." I'm 41.

Can't say I cd disagree with his analysis. I was never that desperate for an Ambramovich style spending splurge anyway, but think there is a middle course. Have to say I do increasingly wonder what the game plan is of our owners. They've spent far more than they needed to avoid relegation but not enough to get us promoted.

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    I do increasingly wonder what the game plan is of our owners.
    I wonder of THEY have a clear idea of their game plan.

Comment

yeah it does make u wonder, seems they wanna reach the prem on a very tight budget. yet really if they look at the team, we are a couple players short of havin a very good team with a very good chance of going up, surely its worth the extra £

Comment

i think they want to get to the prem for as little as possible and then im hoping thats when they finally spend some money!
        Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

Well Flavio did make it clear that he did not want to spend big, as it does not always work out. From a business point of view, I agree with him, I think that is why it is a 4 year plan, so give them the next 2 years and then judge.

Comment

Should have asked him why he turned down the managers job when offered by Chris Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
              Flavio did make it clear that he did not want to spend big, as it does not always work out. From a business point of view, I agree with him, I think that is why it is a 4 year plan, so give them the next 2 years and then judge.
              Agree. Just a pity he had to mention Champions League in the same breath, raising expectation levels just a tad!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                Agree. Just a pity he had to mention Champions League in the same breath, raising expectation levels just a tad!
                no ,just a hilarious joke by Flavio,a bit like pete's hilarious joke earier in the year about the huge news happening that friday at 4.00,we just have no sense of humour:shocked:

Comment

Working...
                X