QPR eye Spurs keeper Heurelho Gomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR eye Spurs keeper Heurelho Gomes

New QPR manager Mark Hughes has set his sights on Spurs goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes. The 30-year-old has fallen down the pecking order following the arrival of Brad Friedel.

More...

better than paddy 'stuck to the line' kenny at the moment

Comment

good move for both parties
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Don't like Gomes at all. Unstable.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

New QPR manager Mark Hughes has set his sights on Spurs goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes. The 30-year-old has fallen down the pecking order following the arrival of Brad Friedel.

More...
          Quote from Harry "I don't want to move anybody on at the moment there all good players" (real quote)when questioned about Pinnear but now "oh hang on a minute you can have him" (imagined quote)

We shouldn't be looking at cast-off's, in this case a player that I believe Spurs will be glad to see the back of.

Comment

Surely Ben Foster is a better option??....

Comment

Soon we're going to have more Brazilians than a waxing salon!

Comment

gomes is a pub goalie - some amazing saves you don't expect, and some amazing clangers you don't expect - no thanks!

Comment

Don't like Gomes at all. Unstable.
                  Should fit in nicely then.

Comment

A pub goalie and Ben Foster is better?
                    Gomez is a far better keeper than pretty much anyone I can think of that's available right now.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

The problem with someone like Gomez is the defence will always be on edge becaus ehe is prone to absolute howlers. Yes he'll make his share of worldy saves, but then just as likely let one through his legs....

In our situaiton we need the keeper to breed confidence to the defence so i think there must be better options out there. Blimey we're trying to prise key players form clubs for other positions, so why look for leftovers in goal, which is the most important positin on the pitch.

And personally, i would prefer Foster if it had to be one of the two.

But why not test the resolve of Swansea or Wigan for Vorm or Al Habsi who've both looked very good.

Comment

Fantastic shot stopper !!!
                        Queens Park Rangers F.C Champions 2010-2011

Comment

Eyerytime I see his name, it reminds me of the Benny hill music from that you tube clip of him throwing the ball in the goal. He may be a good shot stopper, but he is also a nightmare waiting to happen and as soon as he is out of the team, Spurs are title contenders ?

Comment

Vorm is worth a shout, but not Al Habsi - another one who is not going to breed confidence in the back four

Comment

Ben Foster and Gomes both make very bad mistakes. Would rather Kenny over both of them all day.
                              Estamos QPR

Comment

Working...
                              X