Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who out there is beginning to think .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who out there is beginning to think .......

This could be OUR YEAR and the RZZZ are finally on the march back to where we belong!!!

me
    We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

am definately more optimistic! Still a bit unsure who would start up front, but think the goals will go in regardless. Id say our weakest positions are left and right back - but could be worse. If these were improved, i dont see why we couldnt go for automatic promotion

Comment

Not getting carried away at all,wait and see till after xmas then if injury free,good pos,and some cash to spend then maybe.
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

We are finally getting a very skilful attacking squad - FACT

Comment

I am getting very excited. The most I have been about the R's in years
            oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Im optimistic! Think we could do well.
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

optomistic we will improve on last years position

Comment

Ill tell you after Southampton It will be interesting to see our first 11

But really looking forward to this season. Best squad we have had in years.

Comment

Give us a striker now who scores goals and I'll join your party!

Comment

I agree with Dazzer, a striker bought in before the start of the season and then the party has well and truly begun.
                      Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------
                      https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                        I think too many people are getting obsessed with the phantum 20 goal striker as an essential piece of the puzzle, when it certainly isn't.

As good as it is to have a main man it also creates it's own problems in that they become the focul point of nearly all attacks with others looking for them, sometimes to the detriment of the team. Also if they get injured then there is a massive hole suddenly.

It is much better to have lots of people sharing the goals with many in double figures, and our squad is perfect for this... Buz, Vine, Taraabt, Rowlands, Routledge, Pelicori, Dave and even Helgussen could all faesibly hit double figures if played enough.

Look at Utd in the mid 90's.... Hughes, McClair, Giggs, Kanchelskis, Cantona, Sharpe, Beckham, all getting plenty of goals each, but nobody with loads,and they dominated for years.

Later after they sold RVN the team started to play better and more people got a better share of goals. Exactly the same happened to Arsenal the seeason after Henry left... they were flying but eventually ran out of steam.

At the end of the day as long as the team scores plenty, and i'm certain we will, sometimes for fun, i wouldn't care if nobody even had double figures if everyone had 9......

Wins aren't worth anymore if your "main striker" scores the goals so what does it matter....?

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                          I think too many people are getting obsessed with the phantum 20 goal striker as an essential piece of the puzzle, when it certainly isn't.

As good as it is to have a main man it also creates it's own problems in that they become the focul point of nearly all attacks with others looking for them, sometimes to the detriment of the team. Also if they get injured then there is a massive hole suddenly.

It is much better to have lots of people sharing the goals with many in double figures, and our squad is perfect for this... Buz, Vine, Taraabt, Rowlands, Routledge, Pelicori, Dave and even Helgussen could all faesibly hit double figures if played enough.

Look at Utd in the mid 90's.... Hughes, McClair, Giggs, Kanchelskis, Cantona, Sharpe, Beckham, all getting plenty of goals each, but nobody with loads,and they dominated for years.

Later after they sold RVN the team started to play better and more people got a better share of goals. Exactly the same happened to Arsenal the seeason after Henry left... they were flying but eventually ran out of steam.

At the end of the day as long as the team scores plenty, and i'm certain we will, sometimes for fun, i wouldn't care if nobody even had double figures if everyone had 9......

Wins aren't worth anymore if your "main striker" scores the goals so what does it matter....?
                          Good point, the last time we had a 20+ goal striker we got relegated.
                          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Agree 100% - Better than relying on 1 player, to have a host of players that can chip in with goals

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                              some seem to think Tarrabt will be a miracle worker,and be our 20 goal a year player as well,he isnt and he wont.as of yet our forwards are the same as we finished last season and that is a worry.

Comment

Working...
                              X