No announcement yet.

Let Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some fans are a let down, not one ball kicked in anger..... no time for fans to see the new signings and already moaning, I dispair at some of the fans of this club, just miserable......
    “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

Miserable and realistic;D

Comment

Originally posted by bpr11 View Post
        Some fans are a let down, not one ball kicked in anger..... no time for fans to see the new signings and already moaning, I dispair at some of the fans of this club, just miserable......
        Miserable or realistic I am not 2 sure on this one. When these guys came in stating the aim was to get to the Premiership and even the champions league in 4 years they have created an expectation that they simply have not followed through on the playing side of the club.

I am happy with the fact that we still have a club to watch and that club is at least semi competitive in this league but the fact still remains that the current board show no real signs in investing sufficient monies in new players to get us challenging at the top of this league.

I really hope I am wrong with this last statement. But the simple facts are that this squad has finished mid table for the past couple of seasons. Add to that we have lost 2 first team players in Dex and Delaney who have not as yet been replaced, I feel another mid table finnish is the most likely outcome this season.:waaaht:

Comment

When I say miserable, it is the general moaning about signings, if we sign this italian chappie and he bangs in 15 - 20 goals this season, what a bit of business!, if he does a Di Carmine then we have a right to moan about the transfer, but to write him off just because you have never heard of him is a joke in my opinion....... what happens if the poor fella misses a sitter in his first game is the crowd going to get on his back instantly??? I really hope not... but I fear it will..... then what chance does he stand?

About the 4 year plan, any fan that thought that was realistically possible needs there head examining, Man City yes maybe able to do that in 4 years, not us though..... we dont have the fan base, we dont have the infrastructure and also we were minutes of going out of business when they turned up....... yeah they talked the talk but they're human they're allowed to get over excited too....

I agree the players sold need replacing, but lets not panic shall we, we wanted our manager to make the signings, if thats the case he has had a couple of weeks to assess what he has already and now he will make his case for signings. I'm not ITK in the least but my guess is thats how it normally works with new managers...... so lets be patient.

Comment

When I say miserable, it is the general moaning about signings, if we sign this italian chappie and he bangs in 15 - 20 goals this season, what a bit of business!, if he does a Di Carmine then we have a right to moan about the transfer, but to write him off just because you have never heard of him is a joke in my opinion....... what happens if the poor fella misses a sitter in his first game is the crowd going to get on his back instantly??? I really hope not... but I fear it will..... then what chance does he stand?

About the 4 year plan, any fan that thought that was realistically possible needs there head examining, Man City yes maybe able to do that in 4 years, not us though..... we dont have the fan base, we dont have the infrastructure and also we were minutes of going out of business when they turned up....... yeah they talked the talk but they're human they're allowed to get over excited too....

I agree the players sold need replacing, but lets not panic shall we, we wanted our manager to make the signings, if thats the case he has had a couple of weeks to assess what he has already and now he will make his case for signings. I'm not ITK in the least but my guess is thats how it normally works with new managers...... so lets be patient.
            Good post

Comment

Although I agree with most of what you have written the fact of the matter is the present board have consistently stated their desire to get to the Premiership - and fast.

They have therefore made a rod for their own back. Couple this with the massive price hikes the current board have fractured what you quite rightly point out is already a small fan base.

If there is a book on how to c ock up taking over a football club this lot would be the author of a best seller.:very_sad:

Comment

No quality up front ?? Vine.. Helguson.. Play Buz as a forward or just of a front one there's three quality players for you. think after a good pre season these players will be ready for the KO.

Comment

But you did write off the season...you said "I think the season will be a massive let down" if that isnt writing it off then what is??:confused:

Comment

The thing about the italian striker is that we have seen it all before, journeymen strikers who have spent the majority of thier careers in the lower leagues are almost always there for a reason, they are not good enough to go higher. an yet year after year we sign them up and expect them to bang in 20 goals.

The Championship is significantly better quality than Seria B so why on earth would a player who has hardly se te world alight in that league lead us to promotion in the championship.

As for Faurlin I think there is some real potential there and i dont beleive we have paid mote than a million for him so could be good business I just hope the supporters get behind him and dont turn like they did on ledesma and i hope he gets a fairer crack from the Ref's than ledesma did.
                    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                      The thing about the italian striker is that we have seen it all before, journeymen strikers who have spent the majority of thier careers in the lower leagues are almost always there for a reason, they are not good enough to go higher. an yet year after year we sign them up and expect them to bang in 20 goals.

The Championship is significantly better quality than Seria B so why on earth would a player who has hardly se te world alight in that league lead us to promotion in the championship.

As for Faurlin I think there is some real potential there and i dont beleive we have paid mote than a million for him so could be good business I just hope the supporters get behind him and dont turn like they did on ledesma and i hope he gets a fairer crack from the Ref's than ledesma did.
                      If Faurlin deserves our support then so does the Italian, if he signs, why one rule for one new signing and another for the other.......

Comment

Working...
                      X