Ambitious?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambitious?

Despite having the rich owners, i do not see any sort of ambitious action. I mean take Man City as an example. I do not mean being crazy spender like Man City, but at least they should bring quality players instead of unknown players from lower leagues in other country. We brought a lot of them who failed: Ledesma, Alberti, Parejo. Why repeating the same mistake now?
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

dont seem to happy about investing do they....maybe they are not in it for the long term just until something better comes along

Comment

They havent invested into the team like they should for almost 2 years now.

Faurlin wasnt £3.5m upfront.

Comment

Its hard not to agree, but the reality is we are in the championship, why would say a 5 million pound talent drop a league, if he is any good?

Sometimes, you take risks. Anyone for example knew what lopez was capable of before he joined, lets be honest.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Well, I think it's simple - they always want QPR to be "in the black".

Rather than saying, "right, we'll invest £20million quid to get us to the Prem" - and get that cash back, and some, when QPR do get promoted. They're basically investing as little as possible, hunting around for players on good deals with the aim of going up on the cheap and then being quids in and seriously "in the black" when we get there.

Typically we have had some players in on great deals - Kasparrs, Cerny, Routledge etc etc BUT these are gambles and with gambles a few wont come off.

Albeit, this season they DO seem to be investing more and investing where its needed both on the pitch and off it - the latter being they're improving Ellerslie Road, The Loft, The Training Ground etc etc
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            Its hard not to agree, but the reality is we are in the championship, why would say a 5 million pound talent drop a league, if he is any good?

Sometimes, you take risks. Anyone for example knew what lopez was capable of before he joined, lets be honest.
            No one is asking for a £5m player, but £5m spent on playerS would be nice.

Comment

Pete - Re: the reality is we are in the championship.

Maybe you should tell them that when they are setting the prices. They cant have it both ways by charging premier league price to watch league 1 / championship players.

Comment

We could argue all day about this subject and it splits fans down the middle, abit like the Blackstock debate, but I am for forever being told our defence is good enough, with Buzz, Rowlands, Faurlin and others in midfield thats good enough, so it comes down to one striker.

Why spend 5 million on players?

paul, agree spoke to WBA fans they pay £299 roughly for the season.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

People talk about signing players from lower leagues?? Like Who?? This Italian Striker plays in Seria B a league that QPR would probably struggle in...Ledesma & Di Carmine came from Seria A clubs....and Parejo came from the biggest club in the world (also played for them last night).

Obviously I would love us to spend millions, but some times you have to relize at the moment we wont be able to attract top class players. Most top championship strikers will be snapped up by lower prem sides, while the likes of beckford etc etc have never played in the CCC. Just relax people the season hasn't even started yet, a loss in a freindly means nothing...have a look at some of the other freindly scores..Histon beat WBA etc etc.
                  @chrisrobson9

Comment

We need a LB and 2 strikers, not going to cost a couple of mill to get 3 very good CCC players in, it will take more.

Comment

I think it is galling when Forest are spending loads (regardless on if you feel the players are good enough or not). We badly need a quality striker, everyone knows it, they are more expensive but that is because they win games. Grrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                        No one is asking for a £5m player, but £5m spent on playerS would be nice.
                        Aint that the truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Is the 4 year plan now a 5 year plan or is it even 6 years?
                          :drunk:

Comment

Forest nearly got relegated last season. Billy Davies wanted to change it around completely, they seem to have brought in a freebie in Adebola, who we didn't want. Think McGoldrick and Camp were peanuts

Players have been bought, but how much in total?

Comment

They've spent circa £6mill by my maths
                              Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Working...
                              X