Just Back..You Learn More After a Defeat Than a Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Back..You Learn More After a Defeat Than a Victory

We were treated like celebrities by the Kravonic supporters and many wanted photos taken. In all, I counted 7 QPR fans, 3 from Norway who were not pictured in the photo. The Croatian press were asking questions and takingh photos We also had interesting chat with supporters for the video and captured all the goals again, not sure if there first goal was ctually a penalty. In all, they deserved it. Even though we took the late decision to fork out the money for the taxi, was worth it just for the experience. The game was played in a clapped out stadium and apparantly it was the first time in the clubs history the floodlights had been used.

Were totally outclassed from start to finish and were lucky to go in 1-0 up at half-time. The game was played on very thick grass and for much of the first half we were chasing shadows. Vine and Ageymang the latter in particular looked out of sorts. He has not looked partiuclarly good in the 3 games I have seen him play. Fauralin was agan excellent, but the experiment of playing Alberti does not look to be paying off. I'm guessin that Ainsworth is seen as the alternative to Routledge and thats why we are seeing Alberti in the middle.

The Italian came on in the second half and have to be honest, did not look up to the task, but you have to consider its his first game, but apart from one header that went wide, his contribution was certainly nothing to write home about. I am still not 100 percent sure he is signing, its only a friendly so I'm not going to get too despondant.

As for man of the match, I am going with Borrowdale, who did not put a foot wrong, but probably the amount of changes led to a lack of concentration at the back for the 2nd and 3rd goals, which came within the space of 5 minutes. Oastler made a dreadful mistake for there 3rd goal and look devastated.

Jim looked pretty peeved off at the end of the game and spent a few minutes on his own with his own thoughts and didn't smile too much. I am sure they will analyse the game and where it went wrong. The front two in each half never got the midfield support and the only chance i can serioulsy remember having apart from the goal, was a Buzsacky free kick whcih was hit well wide. managed to get all the goals (maybe not there 2nd) all highlights will be up on Wednesday
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Thanks for the report and nice to see Borrowdale getting your vote, let's hope he can prove most wrong.

Comment

Apologies for spelling mistakes, but will do full report in the morning. I'm knackered. The team bus won't be back until about 2 am. My cab driver knew a quicker way to get pass the borders
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

good report

cheers pete

Comment

so all in all at this moment in time we have less firepower up front than we did last season. hopefully this will be improved by a signing or two.

Comment

Thanks alot, great report
            We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

I disagree with alot of things he says,but Pete is one hell of a dedicated supporter and obviously went to great trouble to post this,so hat off to the guy.as for our team,we were exposed by a very average team,and while i know it was only a friendly,the omens dont look good UNLESS WE SPEND!

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                I disagree with alot of things he says,but Pete is one hell of a dedicated supporter and obviously went to great trouble to post this,so hat off to the guy.as for our team,we were exposed by a very average team,and while i know it was only a friendly,the omens dont look good UNLESS WE SPEND!
                ditto matthew

Comment

Amazing what can happen in the space of 4 days. I'm not getting carried away with the defeat, as it did happen when JIm changed about 8 players, but in all honestly even with the first 11 picked in the first half, we got it all wrong. The Italain guy on this evidence looked a little out of his depth, but we have 4 games to go and things can easily change. Remember, we have seen all players play badly and if anyone asked me after the Sheffield United game last season about Gorkss, I would have said rubbish. So lets not be too hasty

Comment

Very good report.
                    Ok you can come home now, your needed in Oxford ;)
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

TBH pete by the sounds of it this italian aint nothing to write home about

mid table or less next season by the looks of it

Comment

My worry for this team is not based on todays defeat,the squad is not good enough,even if we had won today,i would have said the same,maybe if we lose a few more the message may hit home to our billionare owners!

Comment

Yep, well done Pete for braving the journey and reporting on it for us, much appreciated.

And also well done for being honest that we really do face a striker crisis and this Italian - albeit on one showing, coupled with his mediocre record - really doesn't look the answer.

To pick up on what Matthew said, this loss cd be a blessing if Jim is a fast learner and this makes him realise that the squad still needs considerable strengthening and people like Agyman flatter to deceive and - cue: repetition for the 100,000th time - we need a decent striker.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            Yep, well done Pete for braving the journey and reporting on it for us, much appreciated.

And also well done for being honest that we really do face a striker crisis and this Italian - albeit on one showing, coupled with his mediocre record - really doesn't look the answer.

To pick up on what Matthew said, this loss cd be a blessing if Jim is a fast learner and this makes him realise that the squad still needs considerable strengthening and people like Agyman flatter to deceive and - cue: repetition for the 100,000th time - we need a decent striker.
                            100,001,we need a decent striker

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              we are seeing Alberti in the middle
                              So where was Buzsaky playing?

Not left-wing again I hope!

Great report Pete. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X