signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signings

Everyone is exercised by the lack of a decent striker being brought in to replace Dex and indeed DiCarmine, and of course I agree, particularly when even with those two we were shocking in front of goal last seaon; but I'm almost as concerned by our failure to sign a left back. Now Pete says that the signing of a left back is a "possibility". Unbelieveable. So the only left back at the club next season cd well be a guy who couldn't get into Coventry's reserves last season. I'd be prepared to take a punt - just - that Helguson and Vine with a bit of other input cd do the business, if only we wd also sign Fox. At least it wd then show that we were at least prepared to spend money when it was really, patently needed. Make whatever claims you like about how many goals our forwards might score next season if fantasy football is your thing, but nobody cd possibly make a case for saying our left back situation is adequate or even acceptable.

spot on stainrod.....surely they cant be contemplating using Borrowdale as first choice LB? Didnt we have a Serbian trialling in Slovenia?

Comment

Pete, are there still irons in the fire, for a decent left fullback.

And i'm not advocating burning some whu supporters, though it is tempting............not naming names.........
      Last edited by Scarlet pimple; 19-07-2009, 10:21 PM.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

Borrowdale is decent, remember there are many reasons why someone might not get in a team. Managers all have different views and favourites. I mean, Di Carmine got in ahead of Dex - explain that one! We do need cover or a first choice, but don't write players off.

Comment

Point taken Stedders and I'm quite prepared to believe that Borrowdale might be better than the Coventry number two (can't remember who he is now) but he clearly isn't as good as the Coventry number one, Fox, who a lot of clubs are sniffing around, suggesting he might be available at the right price.

Comment

im not so bothered about the left back position.. but i do agree we need somebody there...

i think the club see connolly as a backup LB.. which i think is ridiculous
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Everyone is exercised by the lack of a decent striker being brought in to replace Dex and indeed DiCarmine, and of course I agree, particularly when even with those two we were shocking in front of goal last seaon; but I'm almost as concerned by our failure to sign a left back. Now Pete says that the signing of a left back is a "possibility". Unbelieveable. So the only left back at the club next season cd well be a guy who couldn't get into Coventry's reserves last season. I'd be prepared to take a punt - just - that Helguson and Vine with a bit of other input cd do the business, if only we wd also sign Fox. At least it wd then show that we were at least prepared to spend money when it was really, patently needed. Make whatever claims you like about how many goals our forwards might score next season if fantasy football is your thing, but nobody cd possibly make a case for saying our left back situation is adequate or even acceptable.
              100% right mate, i'd go futher and say we need a right back to as a matter of urgency.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                100% right mate, i'd go futher and say we need a right back to as a matter of urgency.
                I also believe we desperately need a new LB, but WHY can´t we use Legs at RB. We have enough of central midfielders now. Buz and the argy in the middle as starters, with Rowlands and Mahon as backups are more than ok.

Comment

Don't believe he's right there, yes you can use him there like you can use Connolly at left back but i'd prefer a natural R/B or someone who usually plays there , he's not as comfortable on the ball as a R/B and his distribution is not brilliant either rather like Ramage, great at defensive duties but you need more from full backs.

Comment

Indeed you do.
                    David Bardsley was a prime example of that, but I guess your to young to remember the good old days.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Don't believe he's right there, yes you can use him there like you can use Connolly at left back but i'd prefer a natural R/B or someone who usually plays there , he's not as comfortable on the ball as a R/B and his distribution is not brilliant either rather like Ramage, great at defensive duties but you need more from full backs.
                      Agree with you regarding him not being so comfortable on the ball, but I believe he will have more time at RB than at CM which will make him be/look better with the ball. He would also have Wayne R in front of him and with the pace, strength of Legs, Wayne can have more of a free role giving more edge to our attack.

Comment

Id be lieing if i said i wasnt a little disheartened at the moment.
                        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

The whole borrowdale signing was a fiasco.
                          Arguing with a scientist is like wrestling a pig in mud... sooner or later you;ll realise you're muddy and he's enjoying it.....

Comment

Winalotto I agree entirely mate, people say how much ramage has improved simply because towards the end of the season he was just rubbish as opposed to completely abject like he was earlier in the season. We certainly do need two new full backs and at a properly run, ambitious football club we wd get them like a shot. However, this being QPR at this stage I'd settle for a free transfer striker - Lita - and a promising young loan signing at left back. Which just shows in the space of a couple of weeks after all the hype surrounding Fraulin how much I and most other fans have been brought crashing down to earth.

Comment

i think Ramage is only in the team because of his name! JM has obviously come in, seen we have "Peter Ramage" from newcastle, and because hes a recognised name - automatically thinks hes good. I think we all hoped and expected he would be. He definately improved and never lacks commitment, but at the end of the day he doesnt have the quality with the ball IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X