Interesting Stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Stat

Although Magilton's Ipswich finished 14th in his first season as manager his team scored more goals than Derby who finished third and were promoted. In his second season, Ipswich finished eighth and they scored as many goals as Hull who finished 3rd and were promoted. In his third and final season they finished ninth and scored more goals than Birmingham who finished second and were promoted.

I know we all worrying about how many we will score next season but Magilton's sides score goals.

Good stat lets hope he continues with the goal scoring touch
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Good stats, we have the defence now that can cope and hold onto leads.

With Buz and vine back, routledge and cook on form and a decent new striker we can score the goals we need to take us up.
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

but the difference is theu have strikers who can actually score.
        Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

lets hope he leaves the defence as it is then cos they were solid last season...hmmmm getting that optimistic feeling :-)

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
            lets hope he leaves the defence as it is then cos they were solid last season...hmmmm getting that optimistic feeling :-)
            well delaney has gone already!
            Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by JudoRanger View Post
              but the difference is theu have strikers who can actually score.
              Blackstock scored 13 league goals to Stead's 12 last season.

Ipswich had six different players who scored five or more league goals compared to our two (Blackstock and Helguson).

Comment

JM's Ipwich often scored 2 or 3 goals per game, including against QPR!

So I think QPR will score a lot more than last season.

Hopefully with a decent replacement for Delaney, QPR will have another good season defensively.

If he can manage to put the two together (can be difficult), it is a very good recipe for success.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                  Although Magilton's Ipswich finished 14th in his first season as manager his team scored more goals than Derby who finished third and were promoted. In his second season, Ipswich finished eighth and they scored as many goals as Hull who finished 3rd and were promoted. In his third and final season they finished ninth and scored more goals than Birmingham who finished second and were promoted.

I know we all worrying about how many we will score next season but Magilton's sides score goals.
                  Did he have a striker who has a goal scoring ratio of 1 goal per 4.89 games and a cripple who its corner flags from 8 yards out. I doubt it very much. Also what does it tell you about his defensive capabilities:electric_shock::electric_shock:
                  Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Working...
                  X