Strikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strikers

OK, so it now seems v likely that Dexter is leaving. I don't want to get drawn into an argument about whether that is sensible or not as we've all banged on about that enough. But given we are losing our top scorer and the Italian is variously described as having signed and being on trial, is that it for us now in the striker department? Does the board/ management see the Italian as a straight swap for Dex? Or is there recognition that after the terrible goals tally of last season we need to really step up in the striking department? Is there any chance of a Lita or Beckford or somone of similar quality, or is that just fantasy?

i think that if JM has any sense, he will see how little goals we scored last season and realise someone else is required. What worries me is that because our strikers have been scoring in pre season so far, he will think they are good enough. They might do well in these friendlies, but against top teams and challenging for promotion, we arent strong enough. Im sure JM realises this - especially if Dex goes.

Comment

Hope you are right Dando, but was alarmed by someone posting about how apparently he was really impressed by Agyman and thinks with improving his heading he cd be the man for us - he is a classic case of someone who can look good in training and do lots of nice build up work but doesn't score. Then one of his defenders tried to argue that he creates lots of goals - ignoring that we've got a team full of supposedly goal creating type players, just no one to knock the ball in the net - and then Sir Pie produced statistics showing he provided virtually no assists either.
      So Dex's departure leaves us with Balanta (talented but only a few goals in the 4th tier to his name), Vine who is not an out and out striker, Helguson who cd come good but is v injury prone, and possibly this Italian who scored six goals last season, oh and Agyman. In short, quite a few bodies but not much quality.

Comment

If it were up to me I would put in a bid of say £750 k for Priskin at Waford, they need money and he is a very adaptable young player. He is Hungarian so should work with Buzz, he is strong and holds the ball up well and also knows where the net is.
        RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

I think Agyemang gets a lot of unfair criticism. Hes excellent at what he does - which you mention, is the build up work - but JM needs to realise hes not a goal scorer. He may get 8 goals or so, but we need someone who is a natural goal scorer just to get on the end of crosses etc and bang them away. Agyemang isnt that kid of player. Heider could be, but if his finishing is like last year, then il be worried!

Comment

Well Helguson his hit the bar twice in pre-season, so he's getting closer.

Maybe he should go to Specsavers...
            We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

that reminds me - do you know who i bumped into in specsavers yesterday?..... Everyone!

Comment

Working...
              X