Tough times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough times

Due to ticket prices rising have you taken on a 2nd job or considered it?

As I now have a pretty steep mortgage like some on here, are you considering putting more hours in, whether thats OT or a 2nd job?

Football is now a rich mans game which is a real shame but it would be interesting to hear what people would do if ticket prices keep rising.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

I only say this because like most my wages aren't going up much, and i'm lucky to see a 3% inflation rise. Will people make sacrifices, ie a 2nd job because i'd imagine in the next 5 years you won't get a ticket cheaper than 70 pounds.

Comment

I lost my job at the end of July and am still looking for work, luckily i forked out for my season ticket when i was working and had the money, still have the mortgage to pay which i have a great wife who is also helping out, ok away games are out of the question at the moment but all i have to do is put some petrol in my car for home games so i'm just about coping, luckily my son in law gave me a few days work so i was able to find the cash for Fulham but unless i'm employed by then i 'm not sure if i'll be going to Spurs though.
      Queens Park Rangers
      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

I have cut down on other things,gave up smoking,cut down(a bit!!) on the booze,make clothes and shoes last a bit longer,use buses where possible,buy food that is on offer,buy one get one free etc.

it's not easy,but can actually be fun!!

Comment

Yeah all very good points.

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
            I have cut down on other things,gave up smoking,cut down(a bit!!) on the booze,make clothes and shoes last a bit longer,use buses where possible,buy food that is on offer,buy one get one free etc.

Tescos are good for that, even bought some value stuff sometimes, it actually ain't that bad when mixed in with something else.
            Queens Park Rangers
            NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Mate, my spending is going up ten fold, my little man starts nursery in october costing me £400+ a month, I pay the Mortgage, Bills etc too.
              Luckily I have worked hard and my job is paying off and i can afford all, I have some steep payments ending soon too which will free more money up.

On flip side I dont go out drinking much now, I dont smoke, so try to get a s many games as possible.

I feel for others though who due to recession have lost their job etc. As you cant just switch off a love for rangers but some have to stop going.

Comment

Tony will read of your sorry plight and will also invite you along with Cait to all games, expenses paid.

Seriously tho, once my van is paid up in october, my next ambition is to clear my CC and bank debts of £4,000 over the next 18 months. I am on pension credits so I have to budget as an ST holder.

With the confidence of knowing that we'll still be in the prem when my debts are cleared, I will start going to away games as well. Such a better atmosphere there. Shame we can't do it at home too.

Comment

I'm ok at the mo but if the prices go up again ill have to sacrifice stuff. Finding it very hard to get on the property ladder so at the mo have no mortgage and am living at my Mums after splitting with my ex last year. Although school fees for my daughter have gone up.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I wouldn't consider another job, no. I hate work enough as it is.

I am worse off than I was a year ago. I have lost some allowances and bonuses have dried up in this climate and everything costs more for all of us.

However, I don't have a ST as I can't go midweek, so I am not impacted as much as many of you. I can just pick and choose more carefully when money is an issue. Before the reduction I was looking at only going to a handful and possibly no games this year, but think they are decent value now.

I would rather go to less games and enjoy them as much as ever, than to get a second job....the thought of the extra work would take the shine off the games for me!!
                    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                      Tescos are good for that, even bought some value stuff sometimes, it actually ain't that bad when mixed in with something else.
                      That's true. Their value porridge can be mixed with water and used as cheap cement.
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post

I buy food too.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post

True.
                          I mix their cheap cat food with fillets of veal to make a better cat food.

For my cat.
                          "Trust In Warnock" - Don't just type it - Do It.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                            I buy food too.

ON OFFER i.e. marked down,reduced,lower price etc etc..

(very funny though)

Comment

so skint, I'm off to live on factos plot on dale farm
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X