Gabbidon injury...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    Agree about Basong and would be delighted by him. Only issue is Africans Nations Cup - could we lose him and Traore? Other option might be Man City player we were after.
    Ideally we'd land them both. Problem with Bassong was the Spurs deal for Cahill falling through, not sure what went wrong with Onuoha, I know City were keen to get rid and I imagine they were asking a reasonably nominal fee. Onuoha would be an excellent signing as he can play right back, left back or centre back all to a decent level.

The problem we have is Gabbidon and Hall are both laughably injury-prone and thus can't be relied upon. Ideally we'd have Bassong, Onuoha, Ferdinand, Traore, Young, Gabbidon, Connolly and Hill as the defenders in the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by supahoopsaaa View Post
      **** me why not highlight his positives? Every single player has given the odd ball away. No one player is perfect. Gabbidon has been superb, he's strong and always does enough defensively. His defending to crosses in particular is frs rate. How many times I've seen Hall and Connolly dominated by centre forwards. Ferdinand and Gabbidon havent and they played some decent forwards so far.

Weak link? Dont think so.
      Totally agree mate.

Pretty embarrassing eh.

Rangers fans you gotta love em!

Comment

If he cannot make it, I think Hall would be a good replacement.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
          I think that's an area we will strengthen in january

Benjani or Bassong mayby!!

Having said that, I´m beginning to rate Gabbidon quite highly. But we desperatly need cover for him and Hall etc. No doubt about that.
          Last edited by Shania; 20-09-2011, 05:55 PM.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            OH DEAR!!!

3 clean sheets in 5 PREMIERSHIP games. Gave Newcastle & Wolves 3 shots between them & you are digging Gabbs out?

Wow.

More than entitled to your opinion mate but this is total crap.
            Cuoldnt agree more Ric. The lad has done nothing wrong! As you say, 3 clean sheets, also statistically the best defender of the day in PL the day we beat Everton. What the hell has he done to deserve this "scapegoat status" he seems to have taken on?

IMO, Hall is sh1te. Against Wigan he dived in a few times and the players just walked it round him, much rather Gabs all day when fit.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Benjani or Bassong mayby!!

Having said that, I´m beginning to rate Gabbidon quite highly. But we desperatly need cover for him and Hall etc. No doubt about that.
              Benjani at CB?
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I personally think Anton has enough class within himself to a) perform to a standard where his partner CB can be the likes of MC/FH and we still don't concede many (if any)
                and b) In a whole new line of defense, Young, Anton, Traore, who ever steps in at CB will find themselves forced to perform at their maximum. Because of the class either side of them.

I think we'll be okay agaisnt villa, Agbognalohor is rapid but i've never thought of villa on the 'Scoring' level of the likes of Spurs, Arsenal (not true right now) but you get my point. They're a solid team nevertheless, so 0-0 or 1-1 is my prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Cuoldnt agree more Ric. The lad has done nothing wrong! As you say, 3 clean sheets, also statistically the best defender of the day in PL the day we beat Everton. What the hell has he done to deserve this "scapegoat status" he seems to have taken on?
                  Unbelievable mate. Some of the very best performances by QPR as a TEAM in the top flight for many many years & people want to dig out individuals? Can't get my head round that.

As mentioned before we could probably pick out mistakes this season by every single player but why the hell would any sane person do that when things are so good?

We're called SUPPORTERS for a reason!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    IMO, Hall is sh1te. Against Wigan he dived in a few times and the players just walked it round him, much rather Gabs all day when fit.
                    He had the misfortune to be the last man to try and deal with the ball in against Bolton - and got the "credit" for an og. Those that are inclined that way blamed him for the awful defending because he slipped and turned it in. No mention of the god awful work in front of him in failing to challenge, close down or deal with the problem - a simple he was carp coz he scored an og is enough for some to hit the band wagon. Those same people don't seem to jump on the wagon heading in the other direction like, say when he was a stand out performer at Goodison
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Sad state of affairs!!!

I'm just glad 99.9% of us have a fully functional working brain & can see the good he has brought to the team.

KEEP IT UP GABBS!!

Comment

Working...
                      X