buzzer in a 'free role'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzzer in a 'free role'

would this work??? just behind the front two the magical magyar could reek havoc in the ccc!!..........................discuss!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

For me thats his best/only position. If we start trying to play him on the wing it will have a negative effect on him. He is a genius and needs to be played in his best position.

Comment

its hitting home that a fit buzz is like signing another 3m+ player imho............it almost gives me a semi on!!!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Without a doubt, most gifted creative player we have got to play in a front two or a front three but as you say give him a free role.

Comment

Agree he needs a free role and he is the player we build the team around but not sure he cd play behind two strikers, particularly away from home, otherwise if you have two out wide it only leads one player to boss the entire central midfield.

Comment

If we play a front 2 anything could happen, far more interesting than a 4-5-1 IMO. Buzz is the key next season, with Buzz, Vine and an inform HH DB we could be going places I could crush a grape:greedy:
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
              For me thats his best/only position. If we start trying to play him on the wing it will have a negative effect on him. He is a genius and needs to be played in his best position.
              My thoughts also.
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

pretty much a no brainer really,the lad can do things that i haven,t seen at hq probably since roy wegerle,s days.wasted in any other position in my humble bumble
                what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

If you play him behind the front two you can't play your wingers as you'll have to play a fairly narrow three, behind or we get overrun. I agree that his best position is behind the striker, but you cannot play a 4-4-2 with Buzz unless he is either wide or playing the 2nd striker role Cantana style in a 4-4-1-1. If you look at our squad as a whole to get the best out of Buzz, Vine Routledge Rowlands etc it should be a 4-2-3-1 but that is going to upset people here as a) It's not 4-4-2 so will be deemed "defensive"
                  b) Blackstock won't be a starter

Comment

erm

if you were going to evaluate buzzer you would have to come up with five million
                    hes the finest striker of a ball ive ever seen at loftus road and yes i include marsh and bowles in that statement
                    the nearest thing ive ever seen would be don masson,but masson didnt have buzsackies great ability to take players on
                    sadly i think stoke will come back with the five million pound bid.i just hope gerry francis didnt tip them off about buzsacky
                    because losing the king of loftus road is going to hurt

Comment

Good post Baz

Comment

Against lesser teams or at home i'm sure we could afford to play 2 up front with Buz behind them at the top of a midfield diamond pulling all the strings. When away against lesser teams could do similar to impose our game on them, but against better sides where we need to be a bit smarter, i think he should be the deeper of 2 strikers and have midfield 4 behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by baz View Post
                          If you play him behind the front two you can't play your wingers as you'll have to play a fairly narrow three, behind or we get overrun. I agree that his best position is behind the striker, but you cannot play a 4-4-2 with Buzz unless he is either wide or playing the 2nd striker role Cantana style in a 4-4-1-1. If you look at our squad as a whole to get the best out of Buzz, Vine Routledge Rowlands etc it should be a 4-2-3-1 but that is going to upset people here as a) It's not 4-4-2 so will be deemed "defensive"
                          b) Blackstock won't be a starter
                          Spot on Baz. If we are to best utilise the players that we already have then 4-2-3-1 is the way to go, but we need a striker who can hold up the ball and bring the supporting 3 into the game. Priskin did it very well for Watford last year (plus he is Hungarian) and so did Stead at Ipswich, plus they also chipped in with a few golas too. A player like one of those or better would allow us to get the best out of Buzz, Vine/Cook and Routledge.
                          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

I agree with Baz.

I don't think QPR can really play Buzsaky in a 4-4-2 formation and be effective. Some kind of 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 will work better, and the 1 forward is unlikely to be Blackstock, but either Helguson or Connolly the likely choice.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              I agree with Baz.

I don't think QPR can really play Buzsaky in a 4-4-2 formation and be effective. Some kind of 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 will work better, and the 1 forward is unlikely to be Blackstock, but either Helguson or Connolly the likely choice.
                              This is perhaps where we will disagree but out of the current crop the Striker for me would have to be Ageymang because like Heskey he might not score much but his pace and strength pushes the opposition defensive line 10 yards deeper and that gives the space and time for Vine, Routledge and Buzz to really do the damage, and like under GG the goals will come from midfield

Comment

Working...
                              X