Mittals would have preferred to be sole owners at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mittals would have preferred to be sole owners at QPR

Amit Bhatia, the vice-chairman of QPR, had admitted that the Mittals would prefer to be sole owners of the club in an interview with the Financial Times. However, the Mittals and new majority shareholder Tony Fernandes are getting along fine, despite a minor difference of opinion aired on Twitter about whether to sign David Beckham.

Read more...http://www.footballeconomy.com/conte...ole-owners-qpr

I'm happy with the way it's all panned out. It's clear Tony has big ambitions for the club and seems to have the nous to make those ambitions a reality. I think the combination of Amit, Tony and Phillip Beard is the right one to drive the club forward.

What's more interesting is that they've identified a site in White City. I wonder if Beard's links with AEG will come into the equation as far as a new stadium is concerned.

Comment

Pardon the pun , but I don't buy this. They could easily have bought out Ecclestone through a third party at any time before Fernandes arrived on the scene. The truth is they obviously were happy to remain on as minority shareholders for their own reasons. It's a good arrangement in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry-Mancini-123 View Post
        Pardon the pun , but I don't buy this. They could easily have bought out Ecclestone through a third party at any time before Fernandes arrived on the scene. The truth is they obviously were happy to remain on as minority shareholders for their own reasons. It's a good arrangement in my view.

Comment

Working...
        X