My view on todays game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My view on todays game!

Friendlies are hard to go by to be honest, but i think the good and bad players still stand out.

If im honest, i though Aldershot actually looked like a great side at the beginning. hey were keeping the ball much betetr than us, and playing some nice football. We couldnt seem to get it together, until Helgusson had a good effort from a long way out which must have hit the outside of the post.

A few chants were being made by their fans "championship, your having a laugh" - which was a bit stupid, but to be honest, i couldnt see us playing any better than them! However, the game started to change, when Buzz turned onto his right foot and rifled and unstoppable typical Buzacky goal into the top corner. Shortly after that, Buzz had another shot which seemed to get blocked and the next minute it was in the back of the net. I couldnt see it clearly, but Helgusson must have just poked it in - i dont think half the people knew we scored!

I think this was prety much game over.

The second half, prety much the whole side apart from Cerny had been changed. He made a great save from a penalty, and a few other good saves too.

Ainsworth also made a rare appearance, with much joy from the R's fans - and despite having a little less energy than he used to, he actually looked prety useful at times and certainly has not lost his bottle to get stuck in, with some crunching tackles, and a few bursts of pace!

Agyemang got our third goal. It was a great pass through from Leggy - and Dave was always going to get their first with his pace, and although he took his time, he cooly scooped the ball over the out coming goal keeper - which was a great finish.

Dex also got on the score sheet, with a typical blackstock goal. He didnt do much in the game, but was in the righ tplace when a defensive error let him in for him to poke home.

It certainly wasnt an amazing performance, but a few players stood out, some good - some bad! Aldershot looked like a very good passing team, but were let down by a couple of horendous errors at back, and some strikers who had no chance agaisnt our defence - particulary the second half. Second half we looked much more comfortable on the ball, and much more solid at the back. We thought we needed a striker - Aldershot look desperate going by that!!!

Player ratings...

Cerny - 8 - couple of dodgy moments, but gave him an 8 for the penalty save, some good distribution, and a few other good saves

Rose - 8 - played out of position at right back, but did excellently agaisnt their big striker

Borrowdale - 5 - dont see how people can say he was good. He didnt read the game, should have kept one from going off for a throw, and played lots of passes too short. Dont want to analayse him too much by a freindly - but people who thought he was good must have been watching a differnt game than me

Hall - 5 - once again playing poor pass after poor pass, and letting their strikers in with free headers time and time again

Connolly - 8 - looked a higher standard than the other defenders, and made one excellent last ditch challange

Mahon - 6.5 - started well, played some nice balls around, but also gave it away too often

Alberti - 6.5 - didnt see him doing anything good, or bad - just existed on the pitch!

Routledge - 7 - looked dangerous with his pace, but some of his crosses could have been better

Buzz - 7 - scored a magical goal, but wasnt amazing, probably due to the fact he was too far on the left. His goal however showed what we were missing last year

D Connolly - 6 - didnt really notice him to be honest!

Helgusson - same as above - probably because of my bad view, hard to tell if he played well

second half subs...

Ramage - 6 - Solid enough, but slow, and many passes going astray.

Gorkks - 7.5 - thought he looked very composed at the back,

Oastler - 7 - never seen him play before, but actually he looked suprisingly decent!

Hogan - 6.5 - looked to take on defenders, but didnt gewt too far with it

Leggs - 7 - looked better than Mahon, but again gave the ball away too much. Fantastic ball for Agyemangs goal though

Balanta - 7.5 - i think this guy is under rated. Hardly gave the ball away, great footballing brain - and could be a very useful player, to support the attack

Ainsworth - 7 - great effort and caused a few problems! Probably had the ball more than anyone else!

Vine - 6 - didnt do much at all, maybe tried to impress too much rather than passing it on some occasions

Dex- 6.5 - Scored the goal, took his chance - although typically did nothing else

Dave - 6.5 - looked rusty, but great composed finish for the goal

German - hardly had anytime to see him play

Cant remember if i left anyone out, too confusing!!!

i forgot, Man of match - id actually give to Rose!

Dando, very good!!
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Great summary Dando.I think you covered about everything.I was in the red carpeted directors box/v.i.p.area and saw everything and your ratings are spot on.I agree with you that Rose at RB was great and I must admit I didn't even know who he was as squad numbers were not issued by the host club,but he handled the opposition really well with his tight marking and tigerish tackling.Thought D.Connoly and Viney were disappointing,but its early days.

Comment

linesman rating - 3!! lol Did anyone else see when the ball went off by about a yard, but they played on???

Comment

Good report.

Keep saying it folks - Balanta.
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
            linesman rating - 3!! lol Did anyone else see when the ball went off by about a yard, but they played on???
            Yeah i see that.

Comment

I thought Balanta looked excellent in centre of midfield. Maybe this could be anew position for him? He doesnt look like a natural goal scorer but certainly uses the ball very well, and can make thnigs happen

Comment

Thanks for this. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X