Today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today...

I was at the game today, and was really impressed with Gary Borrowdale, from todays proformence I do not undertand why he was not given a chance last year.
    It was good to see all of the "Injured" players come back and play very well and even on the score sheet again, Helgerson looked very good.
    Also was nice to see us play from the back, we passed and kept the ball very well. We played how everyone want us to play.

Jim likes football that way, how was Borrowdale on the ball comfortable with the ball at his feet?

Comment

He look good, with delaney the ball would have been "hoofed" up to the front man whereas with Gary he played the ball out neatly

Comment

Good news, saw him at Palace and wasn't sure but you got to give him a chance.

Comment

Dont want to sound negative or be harsh on the bloke, but it was only Aldershot.

Lets see how he does when his defensive qualities are tested by a good CCC winger.

Comment

I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

True mate, but its good that he's comfortable with the ball at his feet something Delaney never was.

Comment

To say Borrowdale was good is an over statement. He was okay. Looked like he was a bit heavy. Not bad on the ball. Didn't get forward like Delaney did but then our style of play was different compared to previous seasons.

The only players that were good was Balanta, the centre half in the 2nd half (I think it was Oastler), the right back in the 1st half (again I think it was Rose), Mahon and Matt Connolly.

We played two different teams one in the first half and a different one in the 2nd half. Also played two different formations for both halves.

First half size
                Formation: 4-4-2

Cerny in goal for the full game

Rose (RB) ?? or could have been a trialist
                Connolly (CB)
                Hall (CB)
                Borrowdale (LB)

Buzz (LM)
                Big Nose AKA Alberti (CM)
                Mahon (CM)
                Routledge (RM)

HH (CF)
                Connolly (CF)

---------------------------------

2nd Half Side
                Formation: 3-5-2

Cerny

Rambo (Right side CB)
                Oastler or could have been a trialist (CB)
                Gorkss (Left side CB)

Hogan (LWB)
                Ainsworth (RWB)

Balanta (CM)
                Leigertwood (CM)

Vine (Attacking CM) Replaced after about 78 mins by German

Blackstock (CF)
                Agyemang (CF)
                Last edited by Dazzer1977; 11-07-2009, 07:22 PM.

Comment

So far, i have heard reports that Borrowdale was pants, poor, below average, ok, played quite well, had a good game...................................??????????? ??

Comment

Mat Connolly right back or centre back for you ?

Comment

How true

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
                        So far, i have heard reports that Borrowdale was pants, poor, below average, ok, played quite well, had a good game...................................??????????? ??
                        Got to say at Palace he was ok but i thought he was another Delaney type player a centre half at Palace mainly, but give him a run at L/B and See what he does.

Comment

Im just waiting for 'the next clive wilson' to complete the set.

Anyone?

Comment

Just shows why football is a great game everyone has a different opinion, mine is always right though.

Comment

cannot understand any good points about borrowdale. He was poor. It was only a freindly, but dont see how anyone can say he was good

Comment

Working...
                              X