No announcement yet.

Peter Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramage is a CB...I like the guy even when getting stick he always came over after every game to thank us etc etc..top bloke.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
      Ramage is a CB...I like the guy even when getting stick he always came over after every game to thank us etc etc..top bloke.
      I agree. I know CB is not our weakest position but Ramage has pride and passion in abundance maybe given the chance could prove to be a gem a CB.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Jeff, either I'm turning gay or you are one horny looking bird judging by your picture.

No, I did mean full back is the most important position on the pitch. All the really good sides now have amazing full backs who are not only brilliant defenders but also their secret attacking weapons. I really don't wish to be rude, but do you not watch any modern Premiership or continental football?
        attempt to be as rude as you wish, i'm quite happy to chat about this. and i watch plentry of both premiership and continental football (my second club are Roma, who i follow almost as passionately as QPR).

my point is that whilst you are right that all good sides have "amazing full backs" they are still the least important position in the line up.

Manchester United won the league because of Ronaldo, NOT because of Evra. Chelsea won the league because of Lampard/Drogba, NOT because of Ashley Cole. Barcelona won the Champions league because of many factors, be it the Xavi/Iniesta combo or the 100 goals from the 3 strikers, NOT because of Dani Alves, who is the best full back in the world at the moment.

my point is that full backs are rarely the difference maker. obviously you want the best you can get, but not at the expense of other positions. do you really think that Glenn Johnson at right back over Arbeloa is going to give Liverpool the premier league, or would the money be better spent on another striker to compliment Torres?

for example, would you rather mediocre full backs and amazing centre halves, or amazing full backs and mediocre centre halves? i know which ones i'd prefer...
        RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

Point taken Jeff (and for the record I really am not trying to be rude) but the point is a modern full-back has to be two players in one. I can see that Ramage is (just about) OK in one of those roles but not in the other, so we are half a player short. If you said "we need a 20 goal a season striker more than a right back" I'd agree with you the way our squad is shaping up but don't think it should be an either/ or - a team serious about promotion needs a better, more attacking right back than Ramage.

Comment

Working...
          X