The Season We Get Promoted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Season We Get Promoted

It will happen, would we have the lowest average attendances in the premiership?

I see Wigan (who used to get 6,000 a week), have the lowest with 18,500 average and considering we hardly have that as a capacity, would we move automatically or build an extension?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

I think we'll be moving at some point.

Counter in the lack of revenue we'll be able to generate in comparison to other football clubs with the fact our training ground isn't owned and will be a runway at some point well, I think sooner or later we'll have to say good bye to Loftus Road
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

anyone know how much it costs to hire your training ground per annum?.

i predict gates will start falling in all leagues all over the country.people are priortising more now.most clubs wont need a bigger ground.

Comment

Strange i was thinking about this the other day, yeah we will have to move!

If im correct some seats have been taken out due to the new middle bit of SAR, so our capacity is now lower than 19,000. We imo have a much bigger fan base than the likes of wigan.

Once we go up and everyone comes out the woodworks imo we could fill 25,000 easy.
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Not sure hammer but in the accounts there's this figure?

Operating lease rentals-
          -Land and Buildings
          £249K

So, I'm presuming that would be the training ground????

Comment

Checking more that 1/4 of a million deffo looks like the training ground - the deal expires on 30th June 2010 - end of next season??

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post

If im correct some seats have been taken out due to the new middle bit of SAR, so our capacity is now lower than 19,000. We imo have a much bigger fan base than the likes of wigan.

Once we go up and everyone comes out the woodworks imo we could fill 25,000 easy.
              no chance.the only time we will get crowds like that is when we play london derbies and man.utd and liverpool

Comment

yes,but wat if you went straight back down?? you may not get 15,000 at home games? look at charlton,southampton & reading.

oh by the way no club is guaranteed promotion.And most clubs wont have ground improvements/enlargements at the top of their agenda right now.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                  yes,but wat if you went straight back down?? you may not get 15,000 at home games? look at charlton,southampton & reading.

oh by the way no club is guaranteed promotion.And most clubs wont have ground improvements/enlargements at the top of their agenda right now.
                  Agree what with current finacial climits and what not, but then again were not talking about your every day joe, were talking 4th richest man in the world, new stadiums and what not are pockets change..

People say "well will the spend the money" imo they have no choice, how else will they make a profit!!....Weve been smart and put the foundations into the far east market what with Golf air, so i think IF or WHEN we get promoted we could be on to something good.

Sorry but IMO i do think we could attract a 25,000 crowd.... I understand what you say about going back down, but, with the money backing us you would hope we will take the step of spending large amounts of that promotion money on not becoming a yoyo club.

Comment

Agree what with current finacial climits and what not, but then again were not talking about your every day joe, were talking 4th richest man in the world, new stadiums and what not are pockets change..

People say "well will the spend the money" imo they have no choice, how else will they make a profit!!....Weve been smart and put the foundations into the far east market what with Golf air, so i think IF or WHEN we get promoted we could be on to something good.

Sorry but IMO i do think we could attract a 25,000 crowd.... I understand what you say about going back down, but, with the money backing us you would hope we will take the step of spending large amounts of that promotion money on not becoming a yoyo club.
                    the 4th richest man in the world is not the major shareholder and to date has not shown any desire to spend his cash on qpr.the same applies to flavio & bernie.They have been around for approx 2 yrs so why should it change all of a sudden? al fayed and jack walker never messed about and put thier money where thier mouths was from the off start.

read it again i NEVER SAID you wasnt capable of attracting a crowd of 25k especially in the prem,i`m sure you would sell out almost every game.But you know full well that will never happen in the championship,and thats where you are at the present time with NO guarantee of promotion.

As for spending large amounts in the prem(should you get there)that alone again is no guarantee of staying there.look no further than newcastle.

Comment

the 4th richest man in the world is not the major shareholder and to date has not shown any desire to spend his cash on qpr.the same applies to flavio & bernie.They have been around for approx 2 yrs so why should it change all of a sudden? al fayed and jack walker never messed about and put thier money where thier mouths was from the off start.

read it again i NEVER SAID you wasnt capable of attracting a crowd of 25k especially in the prem,i`m sure you would sell out almost every game.But you know full well that will never happen in the championship,and thats where you are at the present time with NO guarantee of promotion.

As for spending large amounts in the prem(should you get there)that alone again is no guarantee of staying there.look no further than newcastle.
                      Part of my response i think was also an answer to the other quote. apologise.

I take on board what your saying and agree with you. Your right i think its a 20 per cent stake he owns, although weve been hearing rumours the mettals might take full control, this gets a thumbs up from me should it take place.

Yes we do have no garantee of promotion, but thats our ambition so if your like me a QPR fan and are open minded enough to believe it could happen then thats how i think, i have to just hope i guess the owners ambition stands to be reality.

I think its hard to ever garantee a spot in the prem once you get there, sunderland are prime examples! They spent a fortune and only stayed up by the skin of the teeth, but, to be fair fact is they stayed up. Other clubs that get promoted as we know try to do it on the cheap and keep most of there promotion money as a kind of keep sake, all im saying is should we get promoted we have the cushion wealthy owners so if we choose to we can afford to take the chance and spend abit more.
                      Last edited by Youvebeenrangered; 14-06-2009, 04:03 PM.

Comment

i see where your coming from,but you dont know how much your owners would spend if you went up.no one does,you can only summise like everyone else.To date your owners have been a major let down in terms of outlay in player recruitment.As i say mittal & bernie dont appear that bothered to me.In short and simple terms its not how rich they are its wat they spend on qpr that counts and what you as a fan is only interested in.as said previously to date they as a trio have not spent an awful lot have they? i bet there will be at least 5 teams in your division this season that spend more on new players than qpr.

its like me being a millionare and your mate yet when we go to the pub i dont buy anymore drinks than you or your other friends.you aint gaining from my wealth are you?

Comment

i see where your coming from,but you dont know how much your owners would spend if you went up.no one does,you can only summise like everyone else.To date your owners have been a major let down in terms of outlay in player recruitment.As i say mittal & bernie dont appear that bothered to me.In short and simple terms its not how rich they are its wat they spend on qpr that counts and what you as a fan is only interested in.as said previously to date they as a trio have not spent an awful lot have they? i bet there will be at least 5 teams in your division this season that spend more on new players than qpr.

its like me being a millionare and your mate yet when we go to the pub i dont buy anymore drinks than you or your other friends.you aint gaining from my wealth are you?
                          You tight git!!..ha. No i know what you mean.
                          They havent spent alot of yet, and theres no telling how much they will spend in the future, but you gotta believe if we did go up money would be spent. I just cant see them making a profit unless they do!

Put it this way with Loftus road they arnt going to make much money, its inevitable we will have to expand or move!

IMO same go's for players, if they want success then we need good players, and if you want good players you need to have a good set up. Kinda go's hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            It will happen, would we have the lowest average attendances in the premiership?

I see Wigan (who used to get 6,000 a week), have the lowest with 18,500 average and considering we hardly have that as a capacity, would we move automatically or build an extension?
                            i thought they were thinking of putting an extra tier on the ellersle road stand
                            i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

loftus road is as it stands sub standard for the premiership and they have two options.build on top of loftus road or build a complete new one.i implore them if a new one is built don't build a soulless bowl like st mary's,build a bigger more modern version of our spiritual home.as we all know hq is quality when its jumping and is very intimidating for opposing teams,but were a long way off from that scenario just yet.
                              what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Working...
                              X