X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook Retired/Left?!

Is that what you said Scott?! :waaaht:

yes
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

ummm WHAT???
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

The newspaper snippit said it's a 4 month injury though?

Surely that's not a career ender?!

Comment

and i quote my earlier post

"The only thing I will say about Cookie is if he left us now/retired today....we made a tidy tidy profit on him - the Fulham deal(s) have to be one of our best ever bits of business in recent times and one of Fulhams worst (especially when you think about it was us they made a loss on a player with)"

Don't think I ever said he HAD left did I?

lol

SM - you need to read whole threads :bad_smile:

Comment

That is nonsense!
            He is injured but he wouldn't retire at his age, he would give himself every chance to get fit again. He will come back from this!
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Phew!!!!

Sorry missed that bit Scott

Comment

Originally posted by SM1882 View Post
                Phew!!!!

Sorry missed that bit Scott

:electric_shock:

I know that some might think only 2% of Scott's posts are worth reading, but you missed out quite a lot there, SM!!!!:embarrassed:

Comment

a few yrs back...lsa met gp...cook was really the only asset left to sell..he asked each of us at a meeting how much..the average was £2m
                  someone said £10m no less and players!!

i said, and i'll stand by this on any signing..."grab what you can, if he stays and breaks leg in first game, we've lost £2m...."
                  he went fulham and got injured and sadly has never been the same ...

rewind to richard ord...no medical insurance in place, aylesbury away..snap, career over in mins of his debut...back then, he was identified as the player to build a team around, club capt and a £1m+....what waste and typical of the club, cos then like now, we made many errors....sheron,vinnie jones, no medicals,no insurance....

Comment

I remember we had a guy called richard hall at w.ham,he was very highly rated and he cost 1.5m from southampton.played in his first game a friendly and jumped for a ball and broke his foot.he never played football again.

Simon webster was another one.bought him from charlton and broke his leg soon after in training(after julian dicks tackled him badly!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                      I remember we had a guy called richard hall at w.ham,he was very highly rated and he cost 1.5m from southampton.played in his first game a friendly and jumped for a ball and broke his foot.he never played football again.

Simon webster was another one.bought him from charlton and broke his leg soon after in training(after julian dicks tackled him badly!!!)

Was he like a poor mans peter crouch? Either that or he needs to get a kit that fits!

Comment

Cookies finished,never going to be a top player now.Too much time at BUPA
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by scottjones View Post
                          was he like a poor mans peter crouch? Either that or he needs to get a kit that fits!

haha.that has to be our worst ever home kit.webster was a decent defender till that happened.ended up being a physio at ours!!!

Comment

AND HERES HALL IN HIS SOTON DAYS

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files...50826_SF_L.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X