Pre Season Worries.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Season Worries.....

Considering the amount of time we took to appoint a new manager, I can't help feeling a little worried with regards to any potential transfer dealings.

Compared to the quick appointments made by the likes of Reading and Ipswhich etc and those clubs with existing managers, we could be playing catch up with both club and player negotiations, and highlighting potential targets.

It would concern me even more if the club were not worried about this as it would mean they do not intend to get any new players in, or at least compete for "high profile" players. Either that or GP is still picking transfer targets and contrary to reports, JM won't have control of any new signings.

Obviously hope the club prove my fears unfounded. Regardless, still optimistic about the new season and looking forward to see the R's make a real fight of it in the league.

Wondered if any of you guys had any similar concerns or thoughts?

Reidy

I am confident they will want to do things on the cheap.

Similar way Flavio did with F1, yet he won the championship with Alonso.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Im not bothered at all.Last few weeks ive been on a bit of a stir up but hes the manager,there the owners it s down to them.Nothing i say think or do will change that or add to that.I think IMO it will be a good season.Dont know if will go up but its a lottery anyway.Yes i am going to Southend next season but still support QPR.I will be positive from now on.Happy season to all.
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Schumacher (sp?) at Benetton? Tho to be fair Football is NOT F1.

Comment

Will they think with everyone fit that we need new signings?
          And hasn't Jim still got to meet the players ?
          surly its up to him who we keep or sell and if we need new faces , remembering we have a very big squad.

Comment

Would have thought all that was discussed at interview stage.

he will have his own ideas already
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

We wont get up on the cheap. I garuntee you
              Now, Then, Forever
              [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Would have thought all that was discussed at interview stage.

he will have his own ideas already
                Still got to see the squad , its ok having ideas in a interview, but its nothing like seeing the squad you have train. Probably try to keep Blackstock and Delaney which would mean not many comming in surly?

Comment

First think Jim has to come back from compassionate leave for his ill mother. Then, if appointed, he will probably have to talk to John Gorman and the coaching staff.

I'm sure some targets have probably already been discussed with the board. We may be starting from near the back of the grid this summer but I'm sure we'll soon catch up.

Crikey, where did that come from? Pete's got me talking all "Murray Walker" now!

Comment

Working...
                  X