Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the transfer budget

I wouldnt put any store in any "no tranfer budget" storys

it has already been mentioned that the price soars if we ask about a player, it would hardly be prudent for the club to announce they have 6 mill to spend would it.

I am not happy about a number of things the board has done but I wont be crucifying them for not shouting about how much money they have to spend.

Forget about transfers for the moment, let Magilton assess what hes got and let the club sort out transfers in thier own time,

I agree with a couple of people that there is too much negativity about the team and the club but I also think that much of it is a result of the constant rumours about big name managers coming along with possible big name signings and this ones coming and that ones coming etc etc etc 99% of it is bul**** so forget about it.

This board doesnt help in this respect with all the threads like "how much should the board spend" "which striker should we buy"

in the past almost all the best business this club has done have been deals that have come out of the blue.

I know speculation and rumour is the meat and drink of this board but it doesnt seem to be making many people happy and i think thats because some people are taking them too seriously. Chill, take any rumour with a massive pinch of salt, stop asking how much the club is going to spend and whenever Pete or another ITK says a player is coming take a deep breath and remember Ched Evans in on the coach - FACT
    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Totally agree PeterG.

No matter what we read or
    write on these message boards.

The board will do what they want.

Lets start backing the Manager &
    team & start to be postive.
    Last edited by rainhamrangers; 07-06-2009, 06:00 PM. Reason: miss some off.
    Heaven is full of true great Q.p.r players & fans
    May they all Rest in Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by rainhamrangers View Post
      Totally agree PeterG.

No matter what we read or
      write on these message boards.

The board will do what they want.

Lets start backing the Manager &
      team & start to be postive.
      Has the worm finally turned and we are now entering the summer being positive about the season ahead, I hope so
      The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Comment

Maybe if we had sold 12,000 season tickets, we would have a bigger budget

the appointment of Magilton does indicate a lack of wanting to spend money. Wigan paid ex amount for Martinez, Sunderland did likewiese for Bruce. We could have poached a good manager, paying compensation. Get the impression Flavio spent big previous January and now wants to look at the purse strings. If we sell Blackstock or Delaney, we will probably use those funds, but doubt we will go big with a bigy buy, probably look for players out of contract or season long loans. I cannot believe we don't go a player like Lita.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy007 View Post
          Has the worm finally turned and we are now entering the summer being positive about the season ahead, I hope so
          I do get the impression from reading a couple of boards that the appointment of Magilton may actually have a good effect on the fans. I think that one of the problems we suffered from last season, that of way over the top expectations, will have been reduced dramatically for this season. That is no bad thing. The majority of posts are saying that whilst the appointment is hardly a big name with an impressive CV he does have several positive attributes being experience, playing entertaining 4-4-2 football, being a strong and passionate character and with a point to prove. The negative posters only seem able to claim before a ball has been kicked in anger that they know for a fact he won't do well and will be gone by christmas.

Comment

Still need at least one striker and two full backs along with a decent central midfielder just like we did last summer. We've all known that for a year now, why has nothing been done about it?

Personally I don't think it'd matter who the boss is, without those areas getting sorted we will remain a top half mid table team.

Comment

Working...
            X