Briatore continues to frustrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briatore continues to frustrate

About 90% of the supporters seem disillusioned with the direction this club is going.Briatore persists in believing he can take us into the Premiership without investing in a decent striker or two.Nice work if you can get it,but it won't happen.If JM also feels that Jonathan Walters can solve our abysmal goal scoring record (worst in the Championship last season) then he's as equally stupid.Walters is 25 and has scored only 43 goals in his career in 219 games - thats only a 19% score rate ( less than 1 goal every 5 games).Briatore has got to sign a prolific striker to compliment our strength in depth in the midfield and defensive departments.If he dosesn't spend at least £2m on an recognised hitman (which is nothing in the whole scheme of things) then he ain't gonna put bums on seats.But then again our club is but a plaything to satisfy Briatore's ego.A "hobby" as he calls it. I think we're are wasting our times,waiting with bated breath for that messiah in a No.9 shirt.Don't call me impatient - I've supported the R's for 57 years,and never felt so pessimistic about a new season as I do right now.

I'm sure he would if he could
    We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

"I've supported the R's for 57 years,and never felt so pessimistic about a new season as I do right now."

How do work that out?
      How about all the other seasons,relegations,admin,no players?

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
        "I've supported the R's for 57 years,and never felt so pessimistic about a new season as I do right now."

How do work that out?
        How about all the other seasons,relegations,admin,no players?
        Over the seasons,with promtion,relegation,League Cup winners,First Div(Premiership) runners up,home crowds of 20,000 plus (even when we were near the bottom of the league) everybody within the club were doing their best with the tools they had.This current regime aren't doing their best with the tools they've got and couldn't give a sh*t about the supporters.They've fleeced us in the past and are trying to do the same now.They've moved long standing season ticket holders from the seats the've had for years,created very much a "them and us" divided atmosphere amonst themselves and the supporters who are now voting with their feet and running away from the Premiership prices the club have imposed without reciprocating by investing in a decent striker.Briatore has placed himself on a pedestal and seems unapproachable.He seems to have no time for the likes of you and I and the other supporters who make up the backbone of the club.The fact that there are so many absentees from the ST renewals,means that some people at least agree with what I am saying - we're all entitled to an oppinion.

Comment

I'm afraid I agree with geejaybee. I feel similar, not quite as bad but I know where he is coming from.

Comment

yes

gee jay bee brings some good points,it really says something when the fun machine factomondo,says he wants to support brighton.last season i was just about able to help defuse a violent demonstration but this year i think itrs going to kick off if we dont buy some strike power up front
            LOOK AT THE RIDUICULOUSNESS OF BLACKSTOCK if we are going to let him walk away from the club at the end of his contract for nothing why dont we sell him now and buy simon cox
            its become a horror show
            mistake after mistake
            HOW IS IT SO DIFFICULT FOR THE DIRECTORS TO REALISE IF THEY SPEND FIVE MILLION ON PLAYERS WE THEN EARN 60 MILLION TO SPEND ON FIVE NEW PLAYERS AND BUILD A PREM SIDE
            WE ARE MOSTLY DISALUSIONED but hoping that a miracle arrives

Comment

[QUOTE=geejaybee;66881]About 90% of the supporters seem disillusioned with the direction this club is going.Briatore persists in believing he can take us into the Premiership without investing in a decent striker or two.Nice work if you can get it,but it won't happen.If JM also feels that Jonathan Walters can solve our abysmal goal scoring record (worst in the Championship last season) then he's as equally stupid.Walters is 25 and has scored only 43 goals in his career in 219 games - thats only a 19% score rate ( less than 1 goal every 5 games).Briatore has got to sign a prolific striker to compliment our strength in depth in the midfield and defensive departments.If he dosesn't spend at least £2m on an recognised hitman (which is nothing in the whole scheme of things) then he ain't gonna put bums on seats.But then again our club is but a plaything to satisfy Briatore's ego.A "hobby" as he calls it. I think we're are wasting our times,waiting with bated breath for that messiah in a No.9 shirt.Don't call me impatient - I've supported the R's for 57 years,and never felt so pessimistic about a new season as I do right now.[/QUOTE]

90% of people on this forum maybe, and this forum represents only a small percentage of all QPR supporters so I think you might be slightly overstating the general feeling of pessimism. The fact is no one knows the exact feelings of all QPR supporters. For the record, I am not one of those eternal pessimists - thankfully

Comment

twranger, you say this forum only represents a small percentage of fans,that is maybe true,but what is also true is up to today Rangers appear to have lost 50% of their season ticket holders overnight.
                True a few more will renew but even if we hit 7,000 that still means 30% have not renewed.If i owned a business and lost 30% of my custom i would wonder wtf i had done wrong,this board just cannot see their mistakes.
                Last edited by Romford Hoop; 06-06-2009, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                  twranger, you say this forum only represents a small percentage of fans,that is maybe true,but what is also true is up to today Rangers appear to have lost 50% of their season ticket holders overnight.
                  True a few more will renew but even if we hit 7,000 that still means 30% have not renewed.If i owned a business and lost 30% of my custom i would wonder wtf i had done wrong,this board just cannot see they mistakes.
                  cannot disagree with that
                  Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Totally agree romford hoop.
                    Heaven is full of true great Q.p.r players & fans
                    May they all Rest in Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                      True a few more will renew but even if we hit 7,000 that still means 30% have not renewed.If i owned a business and lost 30% of my custom i would wonder wtf i had done wrong,this board just cannot see they mistakes.
                      30% in the current climate is a lot better than the custom a lot of other businesses have lost. Don't forget a season ticket is a bit of a luxury item too and a lot of people are tightening up on their spending.

Anyway, instead of pulling numbers from our ########s (like people were doing incorrectly last year) how about we wait until the actual season ticket figures have been released.

Comment

30% is optimistic as are my figures of 5000 sold,both these are from the box office direct and not out my ####.

Comment

4600 sold so far most fans have had the optimism knocked out of them it seems.a lot of loyal fans who were there when we constantly wondering if we would still have a club to support have gone.obviously affordability is the main issue but a lack of ambition from the board is another main contributor to the apathy surrounding the club.
                          what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Working...
                          X