Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what news next?

Got to be a player surely?

I think there's still a lot of fans who will be upset at Madge becoming the new manager - what the board need to do is ASAP is sign someone, and not a loan, and not a freebie - they need to go out and spend some decent wonga on a striker.

For me, I'd go get Simon Cox or Jermaine Beckford. No messing, just rack up with the cash either club wants and sign someone up in a flash. That will restore some faith.

So, £2million budget let say - who would you (and could we) go and get, now, for that?
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

I would prefer Cox over Beckford. Cox was scoring goals in a club that was struggling, so with the right service he could be a 25+ goal a season striker. I know Beckford has probably improved but he didn't have a good season when he was last playing in the championship and I think Cox would be better value for money.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Well, I heard we're actually the only club to put in a bid for Cox - they're just trying to drive the price up.

For me too, I'd go for Cox for exactly your reasoning

Comment

i would

i would sell blackstock and camp to forest for 2-8 million the legs to forest for 2 million then i would buy both beckford and simon cox and also get season loans for ched evans and sturridge
        that would sort out something that should have been sorted out last season
        our ineffeicancy up front

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
          i would sell blackstock and camp to forest for 2-8 million the legs to forest for 2 million then i would buy both beckford and simon cox and also get season loans for ched evans and sturridge
          dex 8 mil 4 that lot?

are u sure?

Comment

I think you're pretty spot on there Dex.

I'd flog one size too

Comment

Sturridge would be a fantastic signing but a player of that quality won't be prepared to drop down a division plus he has interest from other premier league clubs, so Dext you need to lower the standard of player as these players are just out of our reach. Thanks for good posts though and keep it up, much more sensible.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

well

ell im pretty spot on because i have my own insideman who has not given me any names but says we are chasing two strikers plus we are trying to loan two prem strikers so im guessing on the names
                but if we got evans and stuurridge they would well fired up because they have no chance of breaking into there first team
                my insideman also tells me that in practice matches last season paolo was trying one size out as a striker but he never had the confidence to try him out in a LEAGUE MATCH
                so maybe one size can play up front ,hes certainly big enough,maybe we may see that in one of the friendlies

Comment

ell im pretty spot on because i have my own insideman who has not given me any names but says we are chasing two strikers plus we are trying to loan two prem strikers so im guessing on the names
                  but if we got evans and stuurridge they would well fired up because they have no chance of breaking into there first team
                  my insideman also tells me that in practice matches last season paolo was trying one size out as a striker but he never had the confidence to try him out in a LEAGUE MATCH
                  so maybe one size can play up front ,hes certainly big enough,maybe we may see that in one of the friendlies

You've got a pretty good insideman dex!

I think Sousa wacked fitz up front once in a game - actually im sure he did I just cant remember which one?

Comment

A new commecial tie in with Tampon or someone for 100k.
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                      A new commecial tie in with Tampon or someone for 100k.
                      a source very close to the club confirms this to be the case

Comment

Thats great will help stop all the leaks then
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Wembley Ranger View Post
                          a source very close to the club confirms this to be the case
                          wouldnt surprise me - what with Ali R being a complete james hunt

Comment

well strikers for a start...

Comment

Keep up FFS!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Sturridge.html

Comment

Working...
                              X