A&E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&E

Attitude: It's difficult to try and compare the attitude of us R's fans these days compared with those of a few years back but I'm sure it's changed and not for the better. It was only 8 years ago when we got relegated to the 3rd tier for the first time in 30 years and that was only just after the delights of Houston and "win 5 in 41" Harford (I was a season ticket holder in those dark days so I know what I'm talking about). But I just don't remember such a negative attitude then. I know MB's were not in existence like they are today but, if anything, there was more of a sense of belonging and blind faith because of what we were going through. The attendances, esp in the 3rd tier were up not down! ST prices aside, contrast that to today when fans don't renew because the new manager is not to their liking or the infighting and split in the fan base due to the marked difference in attitude.

& the reason

Expectations: They've certainly been raised by naive statements of playing Champions League football within 4 or 5 years. But surely it's been naive to fall for that. This is QPR after all. Many have fallen into the we've got rich owners so promoton and success are inevitable and will inevitably happen bloody quickly but it's just not that straightforward. We need to be realistic and patient. Look at where we are now compared to 2 years ago. We are in a better situation and making progress both on and off the pitch. Look at our squad compared to two or more years ago!

And I know it's easy for me to sit here and write this having not been to LR recently (I did go to the home game agaist Doncaster!) and thus fork out my hard earned watching dissapointing and overpriced football but I did go when we played alot worse football had a much worse squad and when the future was alot bleaker but the attitude of the fans was more united and the expectatons a damn site more realistic than they are now.
    Inspite of the incredible mismanagement, countless PR gaffs and poor treatment of longstanding fans and ST prices, by all means have a go at the board, but the support should always be there for the 11 players in the hoops and the guy trying to get the best out of them.

I could not have put this better myself, I agree with you in full.
    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Well said mate.

Regardless of who is in charge, I am a proud QPR supporter and always will be. I will continue to love this club even though I am dismayed at times at the decisions made by the current owners.
      1st Game - QPR v Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday 30th October 1979

www.twitter.com/ppledgerQPR

Comment

Well said. It's your team and you support them through thick or thin, no matter who the manager is, who the board are, or what dross is served up.
        That said If we have n't won the Champions League five times in a row by 2020, I'll say b*ll*cks to this, what a bunch of failures, and won't renew for the 2020/21 season.

Comment

Working...
        X