Can messageboards scupper the deal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can messageboards scupper the deal??

The club read here and everywhere else...appointing Jim aint going to improve the dire season ticket sales me thinks
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

What "if" Magilton or GP sign a big name player?

That would do it.

Realistically, only a tiny minority of supporters would shell out on the basis of a manager being appointed. That only changes when the whole ethos and fundamental change in outlook accompany a sea change in the club's overall attitude and outlook (as at Ipswich this summer). That could and really SHOULD have been us last season but alas Russell and Bhatia ******ed up the pricing and the Board ******ed up the managerial appointment.

NB - Messageboards should never scupper any deal. The Board of Directors need to make a decision using the facts and finances they have at their disposal. Once a decision has been made, they need to stand by their convictions. Not doing so displays alarming weakness and ammunition for those who deliberately seek to detract
    Last edited by Nodge70; 02-06-2009, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
      What "if" Magilton or GP sign a big name player?

That would do it.

Realistically, only a tiny minority of supporters would shell out on the basis of a manager being appointed. That only changes when the whole ethos and fundamental change in outlook accompany a sea change in the club's overall attitude and outlook (as at Ipswich this summer). That could and really SHOULD have been us last season but alas Russell and Bhatia ******ed up the pricing and the Board ******ed up the managerial appointment.
      I'm praying they'll uturn.

Why oh why do we all know what they need to do but they dont?

Like I've said before...every QPR fan WANTS to renew, it's just that the club are giving us no reason to renew and plenty of reasons not to renew.

Like you said, if the club came out and said "the new manager will have funds to compete" etc etc then its something that gives us hope.

Where as we know that theres no money going to be spent only what we raise from flogging dex, camp and possibly legs.

We gave them everything last season, its time for them to repay that and speculate to accumulate.

We want to renew, we want to back the board and the manager...we just need a little back

Comment

Sorry, on your edit.

Messageboards are very very powerful in gauging opinion and spreading messages and feelings. How powerful only came to light when I was getting calls from scary official people with regards to the PS situation...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
          Sorry, on your edit.

Messageboards are very very powerful in gauging opinion and spreading messages and feelings. How powerful only came to light when I was getting calls from scary official people with regards to the PS situation...

More an indictment on the mentality of how the club is run rather than what a well run organisation should be doing Scott.........

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
            More an indictment on the mentality of how the club is run rather than what a well run organisation should be doing Scott.........

on the PS one..you have to remember that circa 5000 people read that...thats a lot of people. A lot of threads on here get 2000 unique views...thats a large proportion of fans.

m/boards are very very powerful...possibly more powerful than the club realise

Comment

on the PS one..you have to remember that circa 5000 people read that...thats a lot of people. A lot of threads on here get 2000 unique views...thats a large proportion of fans.

Well scott it depends how you count, if you are using log stats divide by 2.5 to get a real stat, if you are using google analytics type of counting, you have to remember it is unique computers / browsers not people, as most people will view from work and at home, you can probably divide by 1.5 to get a truer number

Comment

Originally posted by baz View Post
                Well scott it depends how you count, if you are using log stats divide by 2.5 to get a real stat, if you are using google analytics type of counting, you have to remember it is unique computers / browsers not people, as most people will view from work and at home, you can probably divide by 1.5 to get a truer number
                i rely more on google - seems more accurate. Have got the site set up so it is uniques rather than hits etc benefit of owning the actual board. Tis interesting what gets hits and what doesnt...when we mentioned the bahrain tour we got an additional 2000 hits from all over the middle east!

anyway, its a hint to the club....messageboards are powerful.

Comment

Marks and Sparks have over 2m unique shareholders. Doesn't mean Stuart Rose changes his plans on the whim of their personal views..........at least, he shouldn't.......... ;)

For the club - I think messageboards are a useful tool in gauging opinion but shouldn't be in thrall to them or worry enough to the extent that people get rung up about their content (providing it falls within the laws of libel!) or they change key personnel like the manager or commercial director or policy....
                  Last edited by Nodge70; 02-06-2009, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Yes these message boards do have a massive influence because the clubs actually read them. None no that more so than myself! I love you Paulo and im sorry! lol

Comment

Club may read them but they do as they please anyway.

Comment

would love it to scupper the jm deal. cant see it happening though.

Comment

Maybe this site should be re named to "we are the rangers ultras"

Comment

Working...
                          X