A simple question for pete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple question for pete

I understand you did not attend the last ONEQPR meeting but have seen the minutes so who or what is holding up the publication of them?

Not that anyone is even slightly bothered these days as any credibility that group who in the main elected themselves to represent us mere mortals has been well and truly lost in my opinion.

How this group can just ignore the issue of the minutes is beyond me and as I say has lost any credibility by not being more open on the situation.

IMHO there are a massive amount of fans that are OSC members and a massive amount that are LSA members. Obviously a massive cross over between the two in membership terms but the OSC has a different mandate to the LSA so you'll get two separate agendas/questions put forward by the two groups. The LSA is democratically elected as well. These are the only two that should be meeting the club. Dont get me wrong some good people, friends even, are involved with groups like FOQPR and QPR1st but, they're not elected and represent a minority.

I think it's simple - we need regular fans forums for all, we need an AGM and we need quarterly meets between the club and both the OSC and LSA.

Simple.
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
      IMHO there are a massive amount of fans that are OSC members and a massive amount that are LSA members. Obviously a massive cross over between the two in membership terms but the OSC has a different mandate to the LSA so you'll get two separate agendas/questions put forward by the two groups. The LSA is democratically elected as well. These are the only two that should be meeting the club. Dont get me wrong some good people, friends even, are involved with groups like FOQPR and QPR1st but, they're not elected and represent a minority.

I think it's simple - we need regular fans forums for all, we need an AGM and we need quarterly meets between the club and both the OSC and LSA.

Simple.
      Well said Scott

The OSC,LSA and QPR1st should be the only groups/fans invited and all others are merely a distraction.

Comment

I have put up some snippets.

:surrender:

To be honest, whats the point about posting season ticket prices? We know them

As regards to messageboards think they have a big part to play in attending from this site to loftforwords to Independent r's. Lets face more supporters visit messageboards now, as opposed to a few years ago when associations were at the forefront.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          I have put up some snippets.

:surrender:

To be honest, whats the point about posting season ticket prices? We know them

As regards to messageboards think they have a big part to play in attending from this site to loftforwords to Independent r's. Lets face more supporters visit messageboards now, as opposed to a few years ago when associations were at the forefront.
          Could not agree less Pete.

Where do you draw the line on what messageboard should be invited as there are so many out there and with the greatest respect some are only posted on by a handful of people and most if not all have some form pf conflicting viewpoint from another site.

This just ultimately bogs down any reasoned debate with the club and we should leave it to the LSA OSC and QPR1st who do in fact represent us as fans.

Comment

How do those associations communicate back to fans??

Via messageboards.. MAybe the associations should have closer links to messageboards? As you know I get on very well with friends of QPR and this site will be doing one or two things with the LSA next season, so hopefully we will do much more together . We've promoted nights with the OSC and I think the links should be stronger

Some have suggested that ONEQPR maybe dissolved to replaced by a smaller group. Lets see what happens.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Surely the minutes should be issued on the QPR website. Then the different groups, MB's, & fans can read/download them at their leisure.

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post

Simple.
              I really do think a lot of people over rate the importance of these different 'fan groups'. It just reminds me of the 'Judean Peoples Front' & 'The Peoples Front of Judea', and makes me laugh just as much. They are just like broken pencils..............pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by QuarterPoundeR
                I really do think a lot of people over rate the importance of these different 'fan groups'. It just reminds me of the 'Judean Peoples Front' & 'The Peoples Front of Judea', and makes me laugh just as much. They are just like broken pencils..............pointless.
                Agree mate..hence why i think it should be the official supporters group - club related and the unofficial - fans related - which is the LSA and thats it.
                Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by QuarterPoundeR View Post
                  Surely the minutes should be issued on the QPR website. Then the different groups, MB's, & fans can read/download them at their leisure.
                  I agree. No disrespect pete, but it should be open, every last word, boring or not, to everybody. I'd like to see what was discussed, including season tickets. Not just what you think would be of interest to us.

Comment

It's a shame that no one has seen the minutes from the meeting.
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

beefy and co..to my understanding we are waiting THE CLUB to agree the minutes before posting...why it's taken so long??? i DO NOT KNOW...

but if qpr officials who attended are elsewhere around the world, then.....

but in reality...oneqpr wanted a discount, done albeit a sad and pathetic one
                      oneqpr wanted an extension to early bird, done ( we got 2!!!)

catering? well new mob taking over..so arguably done
                      flushing bogs,loo roll, etc...well imo not a worry.

Comment

I heard a few of our so called fans reps asked some rather stupid questions
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

modfather,
                          #
                          minutes released about 3 weeks ago

Comment

clarification on the minutes

after chasing the club the minutes were rec'd by OneQPR from the club on the 18th may. Copies were sent to all attendees for approval. up to now there has been no confirmation but seems the attendees want a couple of points amending.

its a bit difficult because some of the attendees are out of contact or away etc.

As far as I am concerned there are 2 failures here the first is from the club on not preparing and sending minutes promptly and secondly oneqpr is at fault in not being able to respond quickly when they were rec'd

Both of these need to be resolved and will be before the next meeting takes place.

Despite some hickups i feel oneqpr has been of benefit to supporters on general regardless of any individual group affinity and needs to continue to engage with the club either in its existing format or a modified one.

Scott i know you have the hump with QPR 1st but it is one of the democratic bodies along with the lsa, its the OSC that doesnt have elections as far as I can tell although I recognise that Pat does a excellent job in her role of the OSC and have utmost respect for her efforts.

whether people like it or not, supporters groups can and do have an effect on the club and meetings between groups and the club must continue either individually or in unison through oneqpr alliance

Ref the popular peoples front and the people front for a free galilee, acknowledged and thats what people from the various groups are trying to get rid of through oneqpr and whether people like it or not its working, thier is more communication between various groups than ever before and more common ground as well and that has to be a good thing/
                            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

too deep this thread for my liking..........favourite cheese anyone???
                              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X