Reply from Amit Bhatia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply from Amit Bhatia

In response to a letter I penned to him and Ali Russell a couple or so weeks ago. Received in the post today.

18th March 2009

Dear Tracy

Re: QPR Season Tickets

Many thanks for your recent email about QPR season ticket prices; the club is very appreciative for your valuable feedback. You have made some valid comments which I intend to relay to the rest of the Board at our forthcoming meeting. I would also like to take this opportunity to express my personal gratitude for your ongoing communication with the club on all matters that affect the welfare of the supporter. It shows much dedication and is fundamental for the club’s progression.

I agree, QPR is one of the more expensive Championship clubs to follow and this issue has caused difficulty with supporters. The decision to increase the ticket prices for the 2008-2009 season was not an easy one to make; whilst the Board knew that increasing prices would have adverse effects for our customers, the club’s long term sustainability had to be considered. Now with the severe recession affecting all businesses (including those football related), it is even more crucial that QPR preserves its rebuilt finances. I am sure no supporter would like the club to regress into the position it was in before the Board through unwise decisions. Unfortunately this has meant QPR is unable to offer a discount on season tickets for the coming season. As the club grows bigger and the economy recovers, discounts will become viable and the Board intends to reward its loyal supporters.

The club is delighted to be able to provide a price freeze with the Early Bird Promotion, VAT on this promotion and other tickets sales will be reviewed shortly. One of the reasons why the club did not pass down the VAT cut was because it is only guaranteed until December 2009 which is a 1/3 of the way through our 2009-2010 season. I fully appreciate that for some supporters obtaining the amount of money required for a season ticket by the 17th April is not feasible which is why the club has put in place a finance scheme, Zebra Finance. Using Zebra Finance supporters are still able to renew their season ticket and take advantage of the Early Bird. I too have learnt that some FC’s are offering 0% interest finance schemes but they require the individual to make the last payment by May 2009. Indeed Birmingham is offering finance of 0% interest but this is based upon a 4 month repayment plan ending in May thus resulting in steep repayments. The club is happy to reconsider different finance plans if this is what supporters would like to be offered. I will be asking Heads of Department to review this. Certainly from a business perspective QPR would like to encourage as many supporters as possible to purchase season tickets.

On behalf of QPR I would like to apologise for not releasing the full ticket prices when the Early Bird Promotion was launched in March. It was never the intention of the club to make supporters feel that they were being blackmailed into using the Early Bird for fear of not knowing the full ticket prices. When buying any product a customer should be able to compare it to different versions and this also applies to buying football season tickets. We hope to rectify the situation as soon as possible. QPR has not yet issued full ticket pricing because the Board are having more discussions on the matter with particular reference to how the recession affecting its supporters and the club. QPR wants to ensure the balance is right for both parties.

Lastly the club is fully aware that a few other Championship clubs are set to offer free season tickets for under 8’s and are pleased that they are doing so. When the club did the advertising for this campaign the team simply wanted to make a positive point about it nothing more. It was not meant to be false advertising, I hope you will accept our apology on the matter.

Once again thank you for your email.

Yours Sincerely

Amit Bhatia

Vice-Chairman Queens Park Rangers FC

I suspect they are clinging to the hope of play-offs.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      I suspect they are clinging to the hope of play-offs.
      No chance
      Now, Then, Forever
      [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Thats why I guess its being delayed, concerning the prices after the 17th April.

I suspect the previous brouchures were done at a time, when it looked like we may challenge for a play-off spot. (before those 9 games).

The zebra finance deal for fans does not seem a good one.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Thanks for putting Amit's letter on here Tracy.

It's just such a shame the way events are unfolding, it's clear to see from Amit's reply that they have already decided to put prices up following 17th April. "QPR want to ensure the balance is right for both parties"

Amit has a way with words and I'm not convinced. The bottom line when you cut through all the BS is that they never stood to make any money buying into a football club in the championship. If they thought they could then they are mad.

They are doing what I thought they would do and that is get us to pay prem prices until we reach the prem for them to then cash in. That's when they can make money, not now.

Comment

Cheers Tracy.

Sorry, but saying sorry and not doing anything about it is, well, BS
            Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

The club have lost the plot here big time.

How the hell can selling less season tickets be good for the club.

They have made a total balls up of this and they know it...Amit comes across as a top man and very fan friendly. On the interview with this website he used a phrase at QPR we are "long term greedy"

I could not agree more Mr Bhattia.

You and the board are out of touch and to not release the prices at the same time as the price freeze is disgusting.

I really do feel let down by my football club at the moment and for the first time in years i might give the whole season ticket thing a miss.
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Whats the bet the money ends in their pockets!!!

Have they even spent any of their own cash yet(other than their c club)!!
                Now, Then, Forever
                [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

3. 0% Finance plan*
                  Due to the current financial climate we want to make it easier for our fans to come down to support the team, therefore we have introduced a 0% finance plan where your Season ticket can be spread across 4 payments - April 2009 / July 2009 / October 2009 / January 2010. The Season ticket must be purchased by 31 March 2009 to qualify for 0% finance plan regardless of division. Speak to a member of the ticket office for more information
                  en from Birminghams website

This was from Birminghams website,the interset free period is to January 2010,our board cannot even get their facts right when trying to justify their incompetance.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                    3. 0% Finance plan*
                    Due to the current financial climate we want to make it easier for our fans to come down to support the team, therefore we have introduced a 0% finance plan where your Season ticket can be spread across 4 payments - April 2009 / July 2009 / October 2009 / January 2010. The Season ticket must be purchased by 31 March 2009 to qualify for 0% finance plan regardless of division. Speak to a member of the ticket office for more information
                    en from Birminghams website

This was from Birminghams website,the interset free period is to January 2010,our board cannot even get their facts right when trying to justify their incompetance.

Cheers for that Romford Hoop - Pete, remember that fact at the next fans meeting mate
                    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

I've done a fair bit of research on the whole of this issue and hopefully at the One QPR meeting the research/findings will be presented to the club for their info. And Romford included in this research is the very issue of interest free payments plans.

Comment

It would seem that they have come here to make money and nothing else. To us fans football is about success, and we are willing to pay our share. Unfortunatley with our owners profit is the ultimate goal, and they seem to want us to pay way over the odds in order for them to achieve their aim. They are using our love for this club as a blackmailing tool, it's a disgrace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

"As the club grows bigger and the economy recovers, discounts will become viable and the Board intends to reward its loyal supporters."

This line speaks volumes to me.

More bribery, more spin.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim Pickings View Post
                            "As the club grows bigger and the economy recovers, discounts will become viable and the Board intends to reward its loyal supporters."

This line speaks volumes to me.

More bribery, more spin.
                            bang on slim, there won't be any economic recovery in the the near future either. FACT

Comment

Amit.

You can stick this club up your ####,as far as iam concerned.

Maidstone utd who for many years,stood for all things great and good about ENGLANDS football heritage,have struggled to pay players wages this season,wages that are in the region of £200 a week.

We`ve lost focus,in this country.We`ve lost focus,because our greed for the higher echilons,the need to see the utd`s the Liverpool`s and the Chelsea,has outwieghed are morality.

Give me a brick layer,a star bucks coffee maker,a toilet cleaner over anything,that the above offer on a saturday afternoon,i bet you what you have laying around as lose change,them guys,wont spit in anyones face,even the crowd !,wont roast a young lady,or steal from the local night club.

Give us back OUR..******ING....FOOTBALL.

It aint yours or Flavios.

It belongs to US.

Comment

Working...
                              X