• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to the Kilburn Times.....

Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times

Rangers appeal for Aid... or Gigi

27 May 2009

Aidy Boothroyd and Luigi De Canio are both in the running to be the next QPR coach
    By Ben Kosky

QPR are set to offer former Watford manager Aidy Boothroyd the chance to succeed Paulo Sousa in the Loftus Road hot-seat.

Rangers are anxious to appoint a new boss rapidly to try and reverse a severe slump in season ticket sales - and preferably without having to fork out compensation.

Boothroyd fits the bill on that score, having been out of work since his exit from Vicarage Road last November and, just as importantly, boasts a CV that includes promotion to the Premier League.

But, if the Rs fail to convince Boothroyd to become their seventh permanent boss in three years, they will turn their attention to one of the previous six - Lecce coach Luigi de Canio.

De Canio left London for personal reasons just a year ago after hauling QPR from the relegation zone to mid-table safety - aided by a £6m spending spree - but is likely to be available again after failing to save Lecce from the drop to Serie B.

But Boothroyd, who coached youth teams at Peterborough, Norwich and West Brom and also worked with the first-team at Leeds before joining Watford in 2005, is thought to be the board's first choice.

GOALKEEPER Reece Crowther, who was released by QPR earlier this month, has signed a one-year contract with A-League side Wellington Phoenix after impressing on trial in New Zealand.

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/conten...A59%3A56%3A480
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

he has good sauces
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

If Boothroyd is the board's first choice then what would be stopping him taking the job???

Comment

Looks like its cooled off Magilton, which has to be relief.

Ben Kosky does a good job and if he says Boothroyd is in the frame, then i respect that.

PS the link does not work
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Boothroyd would be my choice ahead of Magilton.

LDC I'd have before both for sure.

Guess we will know this time next week.
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Wouldn't mind Betty.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I would have either of the english managers ahead of LDC all day long.

Zesh was my best mate and I know team talks were a joke under him.
              Ok we played some nice stuff but we couldn't defend for toffee!
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Could it be he just worked them too hard?

Players like to take it easy

Comment

Not Zesh Pete.
                  Ok he is my mate and in my eyes he wasn't great but his attitude and work ethic was spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    I would have either of the english managers ahead of LDC all day long.

Zesh was my best mate and I know team talks were a joke under him.
                    Ok we played some nice stuff but we couldn't defend for toffee!
                    sorry, all i read was "zesh..couldnt defend for toffy"

i concur

Comment

Ok fair enough Scott but he had his longest run of games under gigi so what does that tell you? He liked the man, he just told me a few home truths.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Ok fair enough Scott but he had his longest run of games under gigi so what does that tell you? He liked the man, he just told me a few home truths.
                        For what its worth, Zesh was/is a fantastic professional footballer. I saw him at harlington a few times and no-one put in anywhere near the work he did. He aint Premier League standard but he's a model pro.

Donates a massive amount to time to the community as well - a deffo "good egg" in my book

Comment

Spot on!
                          He liked De canio but was very honest and found the man hard to understand plus all team talks were long winded etc

Comment

Zesh Rehmans cousin was in my year at JFK. Cocky git and was just as bad as Zesh at football.

Comment

I find this really odd.

The man couldn't speak english but still could get them playing good football on the floor and get the crowd buzzing, which other manager did that at Rangers?

We tried to get Sousa songs going but the crowd never joined in... I wonder why?

Zesh is not as bad as people make out and worked he's socks off for the R's.

Comment

Working...
                              X