Nothing Has Changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing Has Changed

I am sure if this is not true GP will sue IH, but its funny that nothing has changed over the years and could explain why we have to get untried wanabee's or first class failures to come and be first team coach.

"What I said to Ian back in our days at QPR together was that it was a mistake for the chairman to run off and get him because he was on our list and we were going to talk about him.

"I said to the owner (Gianni Paladini) I'm going on holiday for a week, a little break. Two days later he's on the phone shouting that he's got Ian Evatt.

"I just thought 'what is going on?' We had signed him without even giving the player a medical and you can't run a football club like that.

"So I said to Ian 'hang on a minute this is what happened'.

"It was my frustration with the board and I didn't need to be that upfront with him.

"I think it affected the kid. But at the time the defence wasn't my top priority.

"I had Clarke Carlisle and Danny Shittu and what I was looking to do was buy a striker to add to the ones I already had. I think that QPR team would have done something if we had done that.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sp...att.5310240.jp

So, manager goes away for a couple of days and comes back to find that a player has been signed (or loaned out!) without his knowledge....

Of course it would never happen now days, would it? :devil:
    A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

see this is what is happening behind the scenes at the club that a lot of supporters find unacceptable. A few on here just like to turn a blind eye to it and pretend it doesn't happen.

Comment

One hand washes the other.........

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          see this is what is happening behind the scenes at the club that a lot of supporters find unacceptable. A few on here just like to turn a blind eye to it and pretend it doesn't happen.
          IMHO

it needs to change. A manager should be able to say i want cox, or phillips or johnson or whatever and teh sporting director negotiates

rather than i want a striker
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Working...
          X