*** Important please read *** WATRB will be down for 12 to 24 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** Important please read *** WATRB will be down for 12 to 24 hours

As you know we are currently moving to a new server hosted by a brand new company.

This is not a simple process and I have to transfer the database over. There is a slight chance that I could loss everything which could mean we have to start all over again but hope it don't come to that.

I have now finished transferring all content over and left with just the message board. I am playing around with the MySQL database & hope I can get it working. (we might lose a few days post at the most if it works)

This website will also have to go down for 12 to 24 hours in order to set to the new DNS at our new server, whilst we are down please use our old message board which can be found on the link below. (bookmark it) as you will not get access to our website full stop for the 12 to 48 hours.

More...

Thank you.

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    As you know we are currently moving to a new server hosted by a brand new company.

This is not a simple process and I have to transfer the database over. There is a slight chance that I could loss everything which could mean we have to start all over again but hope it don't come to that.

I have now finished transferring all content over and left with just the message board. I am playing around with the MySQL database & hope I can get it working. (we might lose a few days post at the most if it works)

This website will also have to go down for 12 to 24 hours in order to set to the new DNS at our new server, whilst we are down please use our old message board which can be found on the link below. (bookmark it) as you will not get access to our website full stop for the 12 to 48 hours.

More...

Thank you.
    myu if there anything i can help with pls let me know

i have 15 plus years in this industry

Comment

Thanks, I've sent you mail.

Comment

Wembley may have already mentioned this but a good plan would be to do the following

set the ttls on the dns down to 5 minutes, do this preferably 48 hours before the switch over.

Lock this message board and the copy on the new server, then dump the mysql database, import into mysql on the new server and switch the dns. then unlock the forum on the new server.

should be sweet as a nut and very minimal downtime and no lost posts/threads
        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Thanks Peter, I sent you mail.

Comment

MYU you should have my new number, logging off now but phone me if you need me to so anything/back anything up. like peterg says, best bet is to lock the forum, download everything and then reopen it...we wont lose anything then
            Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Your right and I have finished uploading all content, just the forum and MySQL database left.

I have to go Portsmouth this weekend so it will be early next week we make the big change.

Website changes will take place straight after the move so make sure you are on standby.

We are doing well and I'm happy with the new server so far.

Comment

just dont do it until the new manager is announced!!! you dont want to be offline when that happens!
                Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Let's leave it for the week after.

Comment

Working...
                  X