Aidy Boothroyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aidy Boothroyd

AIDY Boothroyd hopes to get the nod over Jim Magilton for the QPR manager's job this week.

Rangers sources confirmed former Watford boss Boothroyd is under serious consideration by co-owners Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone.

And a source close to Boothroyd underlined his strong interest in the Loftus Road post.

The manager, who left Watford in November, is understood to have turned down other two other jobs to wait for a position he feels suits him.

The source said: “Aidy wants to get back into football as soon as he’s offered the right job.”

Magilton, sacked by Ipswich last month, is also in the frame - but Boothroyd believes his bubbly personality will help him secure the job and survive in one of the most precarious posts in football.

Briatore and Ecclestone have had six managers in under two years and the new coach would face the sack if promotion was not assured in his first season.

Charismatic Boothroyd has been out of work since leaving the Hornets following an awful sequence of results last year.

Former QPR manger Paulo Sousa was sacked after less than five months in charge in April.

Thanks for spoiling my morning

Comment

ah, finally im happy
      We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

yep good news
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Never thought id be happy to see Hooofroyd linked with us, but id take him over Magilton/Calderwood/Cotterill etc.

Comment

Working...
          X