Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoke in length with a players dad on Saturday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke in length with a players dad on Saturday...

Said the players are having a fab time in Vegas...

They are due back this week and no manager will be announced before the players have been consulted with by FLAVIO. As he has been at the GP he said he expects things to move on late this week to early next week. Flavio is very keen for a consensus appointment from within the club. He has stated the players will have a big say in the next manager. They players and Flavio had a meeting prior to the end of last season as Flavio was keen for their feedback on the season and it turned into a heart to heart meeting and a lot of issue from within the club seemed to be ironed out and lots of positive come out. Buzz and Rowlands are coming on very strong and both should be rearing to go come August. Flavio believes with those two and Vine it will add 30+ goals to our season, but also has STATED that other players will need to step up to the plate much more. Striker is the summer’s main target. He went on to say that there is now a shortlist of four managers, 3 of which are all English managers with proven championship experience. He also said he was a little surprised with the names but didn't want to discuss them and I felt it rude to pry any further. I mentioned Magilton and his eyes rolled and he did say he thought that just wouldn't happen. Curbs was wanted and he was keen but it would have implications on the court hearing against West Ham so that wouldn't happen.

He mentioned that the players were a little disappointed with some of the reactions from sections of the supporters, but on the whole they enjoy playing at Loftus Road. The pitch was dreadful this season and during the winter it wasn't cared for properly and too much football was played on it. This season he said we'll have the best pitch outside the Premiership FACT!

He also said we have spoken to Cox but the club are firm on their maximum offer. He did say Cox was very interested but because a certain someone is also interested it is unlikely. He got a little frustrated at this point and went on to say about the amount of players we have gone for over the last season and a half, and how other clubs have really gone stupid when we have made approaches. I commented about how everyone we seem to sign seems to come from the same agency and he said this was to do with how they seem to handle our approaches. Again I didn't want to go on anymore.

That was about all I can remember about the conversation as I was on about my 8th drink at that time!

Oh there was a bit more regarding GP. I mentioned about how a lot of people moan about him blah blah blah. AND I WAS SURPRISED when he mentioned he doesn't get any credit for the tiresome work he puts in. I said something along the lines of him being Flavio's puppet and he stop me dead and said NO WAY. He has a lot of clout within the club. Flavio pays him as a Chief Exec and he went on to say he is a very, very good one, the best one out of every club his son has played for. Also mentioned that Amit has had discussion about becoming Chairman but Flavio has stood firm that he won’t step down and that the club will move on United. I mentioned at that point that I'd heard most of the money was fronted by Amit and the Mittal’s but he corrected me in saying that was not the case and that Flavio has fronted a lot more. Amit does have more invested in the Amula thing (or however its spelt). Flavio is confident he can bridge the gap between himself and the supporters and would love to become a fans favourite. He did also say that the club was in a terrible way prior to Flavio which a lot of people really don't give him credit for and he felt that Flavio was being harshly treated by the supporters. He also said he would just love the board to be a little more closer to the fans...

Think that’s really all now.

Comment

spoke in length with my ex wife on saterday...............what a bloodsucking,evil silicon enharnced **** that still is!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

How on earth would a player...let alone a players dad know all of that?

Comment

Thanks Dazzer a terric post with some good information.

Top stuff.
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

interesting read.......(You were pished tho!)
            Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Your going to get slagged down there dazzer !!.. Not by me, but by some.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Indeed you are how dare you state that GP is doing a good job at the club and that Flavio trusts him.

Incoming.......
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Face, bovvered Pete! Really don't give two hoots fella. I fired the questions and he answered. I appreciated his honesty TBH.

Comment

getting the players opinion on who too employ next? interesting! lets hope all concern get it right this time, if indeed the players have a say in the next choice then they can be no excuses!!!!!!!
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                      getting the players opinion on who too employ next? interesting! lets hope all concern get it right this time, if indeed the players have a say in the next choice then they can be no excuses!!!!!!!
                      Didnt the players want Dowie though? I remember reading how he was highly rated by some in the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                        Didnt the players want Dowie though? I remember reading how he was highly rated by some in the squad.
                        hmmmmmm enough said
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

Dazzer, some excellent stuff in there.

I've only been on this board a day and feel upbeat already.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                            Once appointed, the only one who didnt want Dowie was Flavio.

IMHO that's when our season went downhill.

Also, what players did Flavio want picked that caused the arguments between him and Dowie? SDC, Ledesma, Parejo and Tommasi.

All four no longer QPR players.
                            Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Thanks Dazzer, appreciate you sticking your neck out and passing on info for others.

I like to hear all points of view and then make my own assumptions....as I guess any sensible adult would.

Originally posted by conners View Post
                              Dazzer, some excellent stuff in there.

I've only been on this board a day and feel upbeat already.
                              Hold tight Conners, this board , like any, has it's down times
                              The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
                              :grimace:

Comment

Working...
                              X