Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Fayeds opinion on QPR

Allegedly of course!

I'd like to stress that Flavio and the corner shop owner are actually good mates by all accounts but this comes from my top sauce at Fulham.

At Fulhams last home game my sauce (who is an R) was in VIP with some guys from some massive manufacturing company that Fulham have done some kind of deal with and Al Fayed was there.

Being an R he spoke to al fayed about QPR, about Fulham and about FB. Al Fayed stressed that him and FB are great mates and that he gives him advice but also that if FB doesnt start taking it it'll be a longer road to get to the Prem.

Twas a long conversation and I've a fair few titsbits but I'll try and highlight a few...

Flavio has absolutely no idea what our average attendance is. Flavio was shocked to hear the al-fayed claims that they get circa 2000 fans from both Chelsea and QPRs fanbase per home game on average. Generally familes.

When FB asks "what do you do about X?", Al fayed is like "i dont get involved, thats the managers job"..or..."i dont get involved, thats the commercial bosses job". He's been trying to stress to FB that you get the right people for the right positions and let them do their jobs. That it's impossible to be manager, coach, marketing, commercial, pr etc...that you have to let people do what you pay them for.

FB was also shocked to hear the prices Fulham charges...he thinks they are too low. Again, appara, FB had no idea what the average price of a ticket or ST is in either the CCC or the PL.

He also "didnt get" why Al Fayed often lays on free coaches for away travel..."why, when they'll pay for it?".

Difficult to convey all what I heard on here but, to stress that Al Fayed wasnt slating FB, just saying he needs to re-look at his priorities. And finally that he's 100% sure FB will get us to the Prem but that he just has to learnt that owning a football club won't work if you try to get involved in everything.

My sauce was taking the pish about the food being no where near as good as it as at Loftus Road. Al Fayed just shrugged.

After the game, Al Fayed popped in again and said "QPR have better food, you say?", "food or that?" pointing to a TV. Yes, Fulham had just won.
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Seems Mr Al Fayed has his head screwed on.

Comment

Maybe he can pass on how he got in a manager like Tigana.

Plus little unknowns like Van De Sar and Saha to go into the old Division 2
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
        Seems Mr Al Fayed has his head screwed on.
        yeah never thought i'd agree with that statement. :amazing:

This is a tops sauce who told me about ferguson's son being touted (whilst PS was still here) and flavio getting sir alex's opinion on Ince etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
          yeah never thought i'd agree with that statement. :amazing:

This is a tops sauce who told me about ferguson's son being touted (whilst PS was still here) and flavio getting sir alex's opinion on Ince etc etc.
          Which he will probably ignore as he knows best......

Comment

maybe he could give some advice on transfer dealings....

Brede Hangeland was bought for £3.7 m,18 months ago,and is strongly rumoured to be off to Arsenal for £15m.

Comment

Ask him what he thinks of appointing Jim Magilton
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                Maybe he can pass on how he got in a manager like Tigana.

Plus little unknowns like Van De Sar and Saha to go into the old Division 2
                Van Der Sar definitely only signed once they were in the Premiership. I think Saha too. But definitely they had a Premiership team in all but name even whilst in this league.

Comment

Saha was definitely there earlier

you probably right on Van De Sar, but sure he was there for years?
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    Saha was definitely there earlier

you probably right on Van De Sar, but sure he was there for years?
                    Yes he was there a good while, but sadly that's because Fulham have been in the Prem for far too long!

Comment

Saha joined them in div1 (now championship) for about 2.5million i think and scored something like 30 goals...it was his goals that got them promoted

Comment

Saha joined them in div1 (now championship) for about 2.5million i think and scored something like 30 goals...it was his goals that got them promoted
                        You are right. I researched it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldberg View Post
                          You are right. I researched it now.

What does it tell us?

nearly a decade ago Al Fayed put in SERIOUS money to by a prolific striker (at the time) to fire them to the Premier League.

These things cant be done on the cheap

Comment

not forgetting their high profile manager KK.........

Comment

What does it tell us?

nearly a decade ago Al Fayed put in SERIOUS money to by a prolific striker (at the time) to fire them to the Premier League.

These things cant be done on the cheap
                              According to Flavio they can....

Comment

Working...
                              X