Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premiership by 2011/12 season - Achievable ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiership by 2011/12 season - Achievable ?

Are we being a little unfair to Flavio ? Below is his statement made in September 2007 stating clearly that their plan was to reach the Premiership in 4 years, which would be the 2011/12 season. We can't argue that the quality of the squad has not improved since then. And with further strengthening this summer and a decent manager, surely we will be top 6 at least next season ? If Buzsacky & Vine had been fit this season, I have no doubts that we would have reached the play offs. And if we had done that I would have renewed my ST without question. So perhaps we are being a little over critical about where the club is now. Let's judge Flavio in two seasons time.

QPR Official Site DESTINATION PREMIERSHIP!
    Flavio Briatore wants Premiership football within four years.
    The 57 year-old, who alongside Bernie Ecclestone has had his offer for the Club recommended by the Board, has wasted no time in setting his stall out at Loftus Road.
    "We are very happy to be part of QPR," he said. "We have already taken the first good step because the Club is still here. I am very sure that without our involvement QPR would not exist this week.
    "We know what we need to do to be competitive. We are involved because we are serious. I didn't do this because I've got nothing to do on a Saturday.
    "We have already saved the Club and that's a good way for us to introduce ourselves to the fans."
    Briatore added: "We have put a programme together to reach the Premier League in four years. Whenever we (Bernie and I) have set a target in our history, it has been reached and I can't see why that will not happen this time too.
    "I want everyone to be proud of Queens Park Rangers Football Club."

That is fair comment. If Flavio had not come into the club, we would not be watching players like Vine oir Buzsacky, we could easily be playing Wrexham. I am sure if De Canio had stayed, he would not have been pushed out and we would have had a good season.

Many things have transpired gone against us, at the same time lessons need to be learned. I think the club have realised the important role supporters play. A negative fanbase or a crowd that does not get behind the players is very dangerous and we need to feel Flavio Briatore is with us, not trying to rip us off in our pursuit of premiership football. I think the championship was a poor standard last year and we are going to have to step a level to acheive a top6 place next season. I'm sure he felt players like Parejo would be a star and Ledesma would bring the crowds in with his great ability on the ball. I can understand those kind of mistakes, as it could have worked in our favour.

We now need to get rid of the dead wood and bring in untapped talent who can take this club one step further, bring the feel-good factor to the club and make sure every single fan feels part of the club/
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I agree, still another 2 years on the 2 year plan.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

we will do this!!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          Many things have transpired gone against us, at the same time lessons need to be learned. I think the club have realised the important role supporters play. A negative fanbase or a crowd that does not get behind the players is very dangerous and we need to feel Flavio Briatore is with us, not trying to rip us off in our pursuit of premiership football. /
          Can't see any sign of that at all, if anything, it's the same old spin, and still no respect. OneQPR minutes deliberately held back, and I say deliberately.

Comment

I have the minutes today, just waiting for clarification to be them up. HArdly world shattering news to be honest
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Yes we can !

Comment

Working...
              X