Not renewing for now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not renewing for now....

I think it's unfair of the club to ask fans to fork out this kind of money before we know who will be in charge of the "brand" next season.

Some of the names mentioned so far hardly fill me with confidence to be honest and I want to see what the club are prepared to invest in the team before handing over nearly £600 to them for another season.

If I'm not happy then I will vote with my feet get myself a membership and as ever make as many away trips as possible.

I know in the end I will probably renew but I really do think the club have missed a trick here, it's great that we are so strong off the pitch why are they still trying to do things on the cheap on it?

Why are we not moving heaven and earth to appoint the best young managers available?

Gary Johnson
    Alan Curbishley
    Paul Ince
    Steve Coppell
    Luigi De Canio

In my opinion would all be managers that would show we have ambition.

Appoint a decent manager and the fans will renew in droves it's not rocket science is it.

Get this appointment wrong and I dread to think of the media's and our own fans reactions.
    Last edited by Funky; 15-05-2009, 10:55 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Not sure that LDC fits your bill as one of the "best young Managers" (neither best nor young) but the others are spot on.
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

yeah

im following the funky cat hes never been wrong before he knows his football

Comment

He is a manager that I rate though and had us playing good football.

Probably not right to brand him young but would be more popular than us appointing Jim Magilton.

Comment

I bet Curbishley and Coppell like being called 'young'.

Seriuosly though,the names we are being linked with are shocking.Missed out on a good one in Simon Grayson.Think he has a good future ahead of him.Would like to see someone like him who plays good football.O'Driscoll and Di Matteo would also be decent appointments.

Comment

Funky totally agree i am not renewing just yet.

It is expensive now and it will still be expensive after the renewal date so you might and wait to see what changes are going to be made.

Comment

I am sure they are trying, but sadly think they have made a bit of a rod for their own backs manager wise over the last couple of seasons.

Have renewed (been going too long to even consider giving it up) think the £17 saving for the early bird is a bit of a **** take though.

Shame when Ali got the caterers from Hearts he didn't notice that they have also cut their season ticket prices by 25% for this season...... :very_sad:
              A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

He may know his football Dext but he is wrong with his selection of managers. Bringing in De Canio would be a disaster! I know for a fact that teams talks took twice as long and players were confused as his english was VERY poor. I don't think we should be going down the foreign route at all. The only reason Martinez has done well is because he played in these divisions and its makes a massive difference. Bringing in de canio would be a huge step back. Lets not forget he had a fit Buz and vine and I think most managers would do well with those 2 fit. I want a manager to buy his OWN players I don't agree with having a coach. De canio will be a much better off managing in italy where the players understand him.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think my point about LDC would be that he would be a popular choice and the football was very enjoyable.

Roberto Martinez should be another manager that we are going after.

Swansea played some terrific football last year one for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
                    Shame when Ali got the caterers from Hearts he didn't notice that they have also cut their season ticket prices by 25% for this season...... :very_sad:
                    Wonder if he was responsible for putting them up 25%?

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
                      Wonder if he was responsible for putting them up 25%?
                      Have to admit that was the first thing I thought when I saw it....
                      A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

I agree Funky, I will renew but will be p!ssed of its JM or CC - LDC is the right choice for this job,

Comment

they find plenty of time to publish continuous ST notices, but not the time to publish the OneQPR minutes. now you see what the club think of us, give us your money and don't annoy us.

Comment

Some should take away those tinted glasses. Under De Canio, football was far superior to anything I've watched at rangers for years. The only reason why people keep harping about the negativity towards De Canio is because of GP. Due the fact, of the players not being the choice of the manager

Face reality.. if its a choice between Jim or Colin, I'd have De Canio back like a shot.
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I have renewed,because i support QPR,but I don't blame anyone who doesn't.As for the manager,I will support whoever gets the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X