How Good Are Our Youngsters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Good Are Our Youngsters?

I was mightily impressed with Josh Parker pre-season, but it does show when you play proper competitive football he is still a little way short. I don't want to knock our youngsters confidence, but realistically don't think anyone is good enough to make the step up.

Harsh? Your views?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Harsh - Parker in particular can make it. Think Oastler and German have a decent chance too. Not sure about Rose or Balanta.

Comment

havent seen parker, but friend who went last night said he has pace to burn, just not good enough on the ball.

german is probably our most advanced youth player. but he still comes up quite short.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

No once decent since Langley, and before that Gallen and Dichio.
        Ray Jones would have made it also.
        We sell anyone with potential.

Comment

Parker proved towards the end of last season that he has what it takes to make it. Time and patience will be the key with him...............ah well no chance he can make it at Rangers then.
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Not the best but some show glimpses of being good prospects.

Id agree with nodge, Parker looks alright as does German, not sure about Oastler, looked alright last night but i really havent seen enough to form a fair opinion.

I think Rose is alot like the St Amies, Baidoo, Pacquatte etc etc... He's been on the scene for a while but never really pushed on, i cant really see him going to far with us.

Balanta is a tough one, no doubt he has some talent there but it never seems to show on a Saturday afternoon. Frustrating player maybe this next loan spell will do him the world of good, maybe he just needs to grow up abit.

One thing i will say about German, although he has netted some goals and looked lively on occasions, i cant help but notice the game passes him by abit. It sometimes takes a crowd reaction to get him to run. Much like Blackstock except he was a broad shoulderd pro who was settled into a certain type of style where as German is still young enough to change.
            Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

The youngsters we have are not good enough. The only decent ones were Sterling, Parret and o'Brian etc...

If they are any good they go to a top 4 club.

Parker & German is too early to say, but looking at the evidence from last night it does show that our youngsters are not quality.

Comment

Ideally you should not introduce several youngsters at once and then put them up against a highly organised outfit aka PV. You should be introcducing them over a period of time and ensure that they are playing in a experienced settled side thus allowing the more seasoned professionals to help them along. What we got last night was 3/4 young players thrown in at the deep end and having to play with limited players like Legs/Hall/Derry. Warnock was hamstrung last nite and it's obvious that he doesnt really care about the Cup. At the end of the season he will be judged on whether we are promoted not by the fact we got knocked out in the 3rd round by a Prem league club.

Comment

is there any such thing as good english/british youngsters coming thru the ranks anymore? (some exceptions obviously, but very few.)
                  how many premiership clubs loan out players like simpson and scott sinclair and when they have done their loans they have proved they are nowhere near good enough.
                  makes you wonder why they actually bother, might as well just let them all go to lower clubs from the get go nowadays, cos none of them ever come through anymore, and i cant recall the last time a top club has loaned out a player and called him back to their first team cos he proved himself as the real deal during match play for a lower league side.
                  what chance have lower division teams youngsters got of being actually any good, if even chelsea arsenal and uniteds are all proper macaroni.
                  Last edited by G.T.P; 11-08-2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    No once decent since Langley, and before that Gallen and Dichio.
                    Ray Jones would have made it also.
                    We sell anyone with potential.
                    Well................we didn't exactly encourage bids for Sterling, Parrett or O'Brien...

Sad fact is, clubs at our level will have the youngsters picked off one by one by the bigger clubs. O'Brien is the one that saddened me the most as he only went to Pompey. Not really a bigger club IMO but one that he thought (ill advised) were regular PL competitors.

We weren't and probably still aren't in any position to turn down seven figure sums from clubs that want to take a punt on a 15 year old who still has a lot of growing (physically and mentally) to do. Too much of a gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                      Well................we didn't exactly encourage bids for Sterling, Parrett or O'Brien...

Sad fact is, clubs at our level will have the youngsters picked off one by one by the bigger clubs. O'Brien is the one that saddened me the most as he only went to Pompey. Not really a bigger club IMO but one that he thought (ill advised) were regular PL competitors.

We weren't and probably still aren't in any position to turn down seven figure sums from clubs that want to take a punt on a 15 year old who still has a lot of growing (physically and mentally) to do. Too much of a gamble.
                      Top post.

Finally we've got a manager who has given chances to younger players and obviously has an eye for spotting talent. The likes of Bostock, Moses, Watson, Clyne et al were all given the opportunity to compete and play at a first team level by Warnock. Whether they've been sold is by the by the main issue here is that Warnock chose to play those players ahead of more experienced players because he thought they were good enough. Will we see more of Parker and German this season? If Warnock thinks they are good enough then we will do.

The more youngsters we play in our first team the more parents with talented kids will want their sons to come and play for us. There are probably half a dozen London clubs that are better positioned for youngsters than us right now and any parent is likely to chose them over us. We will get lucky from time to time but compared to Palace and even Charlton we are years behind.

Comment

The thing that gets me is these kids go to these premiership clubs, and yes whilst they may benefit from these youth teams, they are not getting an opportunity in the 1st team at 17 / 18 and 19 and if they are not playing senior football at this stage they often never will. How many kids have Arsenal, Liverpool Man utd, Spurs etc brought through in recent years the answer is f'all. Nearly all the promising U21's have come from the lower leagues and then are often snapped up too early and ruined by the premiership clubs. The Rooneys, Gerrards, Beckhams, Ferdinands etc etc of this world were all playing top flight football at 18 or under.

As to our Kids, well Parker has an awful lot of pace, but I've not seen much else there. German has a predatory instinct his touch is getting better and may well do OK at Championship level or below. From what I saw at Hampton and Richmond the rest are pretty poor there was a young black kid who came on at right wing for the last 10 minutes who was very useful (did not get his name) what was most depressing was the lack of technique and style of play they were being asked to play

Comment

Oastler and Romone Rose aren't good enough. German will be a decent player. Parker like German needs to beef up, too lightweight, get bundled off the ball to easily.
                          15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

The problem now is that clubs want the finished article straight away. There seems no time to bring young players through, the prem being the worst example, rather than bringing a home grown youngster through they'll go and get a finished article from abroad. It kinda makes you wonder why they bother with the academy system. The pressure from the board and fans for instant success makes it very difficult to blood youngsters. They'll need time to settle into the first team, we lose quality players every year, simply because there given no time to prove themselves, and in the end they get dissolution and walk away from the game.

Comment

How good are our youngsters you ask? Not good enough yet unfortunately.
                              Queens Park Rangers
                              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                              X