Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Will Finish Above Burnley - said some!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Will Finish Above Burnley - said some!

Does anyone remember this thread?

http://therangersboys.proboards.com/...y&thread=16206

Some including qblockpete, QPR's Number 10, winalotto & reid76 thought QPR would finish above Burnley but others including myself, kirill, w6hoops, matthew and bkirk all predicted that we would finish below Burnley.

Pete if you re-read the thread Matthew says he would take the bet so you owe him a tenner. Luckily for you the others didn't take the bet.

Yes but we would of finished above them if it wasn't for that pesky Sousa and his negative tactics and tinkering ;)

Comment

I'd be a poor man if I had to pay up all my bets.

Burnley have done exceptionally well.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Yeah i hate that bunch of optimists who rightly thought that with the resources we had, we should be finishing above teams like burnley. i have no idea how they didnt spot that we would play most of the season without 3 or 4 of our best players or that burnley would over achieve and reach the play off final or that we wouldnt find a 20 goal a season striker on the cheap.

pessimists rejoice.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
          Yeah i hate that bunch of optimists who rightly thought that with the resources we had, we should be finishing above teams like burnley. i have no idea how they didnt spot that we would play most of the season without 3 or 4 of our best players or that burnley would over achieve and reach the play off final or that we wouldnt find a 20 goal a season striker on the cheap.

pessimists rejoice.
          I'm definitely not a pessimist it's just at the time Pete wrote the thread it was clear that Burnley were looking stronger than us. They had already knocked out Fulham and Chelsea in the league cup and they had beaten us in the league. They have a manager who is more important to the club than any player and they have unity, which is something we lack.

Comment

true
            WE ARE QPR

Comment

unity factor is important

23 players used in 61 games is also important, it provides continuity.

They have top managber who is a winner, which is important.

I could go on, but I did expect us to finish above Burnley.

You could add to that list Preston and Swansea as well
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Not doing bad for a team that lost their first game of the season 0-4 away to Sheff Weds ...best team (in the league game) that I saw at LR this season!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  unity factor is important

23 players used in 61 games is also important, it provides continuity.

They have top managber who is a winner, which is important.

I could go on, but I did expect us to finish above Burnley.

You could add to that list Preston and Swansea as well
                  And the reason for only using 23 players...because that's all they have. They have the smallest squad in the league and have played more games than every team except Man Utd but they keep on going. Their POTY was 37 year old Graham Alexander and the team that won last night didn't even include Chris Eagles (he came on as a late sub). They have a small but strong squad whereas we have a good first XI (when fit) and very little depth.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    I'd be a poor man if I had to pay up all my bets.
                    So you admit that you are rich and on the club's take?
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

as i recall, the boos started at the burnley game and on the day/looking back, burnley were the better team...they play some good football and can score!!

orrible place
                      orrible people....
                      let them go up cos chef utd is so easy to get too....

Comment

Working...
                      X